Thread: Prop Repair

Default Prop Repair

Does little ripple in the prop need to be repaired? I have never had to have one repaired (knocks on wood) so that is why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Might as well have it fixed in the off-season. I assume you did not notice any vibrations, but it's not odd for people to take the prop off and notice small dings.

I would do it just for the chances of having vibrations on the drive shaft/other components and not realizing it's happening.

Not sure how close you are to Nettle Props in Tx. I think they are in Austin. They did some work for me on a spare prop and sold me a new one at a good deal. Easy to deal with. Nice peeps. Free T-shirt too when they sent back the spare prop - nice surpirse.
    2018 Supra SL400

I would absolutely get it fixed. MJH calls out the harmonics that can be causing wear issues.

been a minute since we had one fixed but it was from the local shop in Boise and was only $90. cost shouldn't be that much and as mentioned, have seen a lot of positives on Nettle props on here...
    that one should be pretty easy to fix.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've let them go a little too long and finally get fixed. It's amazing how much smoother everything is after a straightening. Almost shocking depending on how bad it was to begin with. Around here price is double what SandM is quoting unfortunately.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Ya I actually had it happen to me literally as I was idling into the marina to put it on the trailer to get it’s winter service. So I didn’t run it like this at all. Our lake is considerably low (-4ft) and I just run through a shallow spot where only the prop caught the bottom which was just mud and clay. I saw it on the trailer and swapped it for my ACME. I had my shop check all the under water gear and all is fine which I figure it would be but wanted to be sure. I actually bought my ACME from Nettles and got a $50 repair voucher so I will send it in to them. That being said it is a good reason to test out my 2847 which I have been wanting to do just hadn’t gotten around to it lol. Thanks fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Yep. Go ahead and fix it if it's not going to cost you any down time. Props are funny sometimes about what will make them vibrate.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub