Default Apple AirTags for Boat and Etc.

My neighbour had his cottage broken into last week. They found keys to the garage and stole two snowmobiles. And they are nowhere to be found. I got thinking, I could have been targeted as well and what could I do to catch these grease balls. Yes I have insurance and an alarm but what good is that when the police are 45 minutes away.
    I’ve done my reading/research on the web and made calls to Apple. But there’s conflicting info from all sources. What I need is ‘your experience’ if you use AirTags. I want to hide them on our recreational equipment. I know how they work and how one can locate the AirTag. What I need to know is:

1. Is the thief notified on his iPhone that there is an Air Tag present when trying to steel via a message on his phone or a chirp from the actual AirTag?
    2. Can the thief look at an app on his phone and scan the area for the presence of an AirTag?
    3. Last question; is the Tile Pro an option I should consider over the AirTag? Yes I know it’s android compatible too.

Default Apple AirTags for Boat and Etc.

Yes to 1&2, easily detectable if you want to know if an AirTag is present. In your case, I would say that is a good thing. I don’t see how this could fail for you.

If thief is clueless, then it’s easy to find your stuff, if thief is smart enough to scan for AirTag, then they will abort theft. Highly doubt a thief would take the time to search, dismantle to find a well placed tag. The key would be placing the tag in an area that requires some disassembly to locate.

AirTags combined with a few well placed security cameras should cut your risk significantly.

I know nothing about tiles.

Edit: found this article, for some background on AirTags.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/18/10809...g-privacy-tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 12-08-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Good cameras and a good communication network with other cabin owners that also have cameras. You may find someone who is at there place that can check on the place if you see something.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

We just installed a ring doorbell in addition to my camera system we already had. Went off this morning at 545 while I was at work. Cat on my front porch. But good to know I can check in on the house when im not around. Also give you a chance to monitor your place. Hasnt given any flase alarms like my cameras do. When I set them to motion detect moths and flying insects set them off like crazy. Would be a good option to keep an eye on your garage. After our break in last year I also addrd driveway alarms and better lockdown procedures for anything that can grow legs and get gone.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

We have ring cameras at the house. We also have a cellular alarm system on the house and shop. Both work very well. But if the internet drops out you loose the cameras but not my alarm. Hunting this fall, we ran a few of the cellular cameras, those works surprising good, just had to add and external battery and solar panel to them.
    2021 Makai

The Tactacam Pro is an awesome trail cam that will notify your phone with a picture or pictures if you choose. Unlimited photos sent for just 10 bucks per month. It's cellular so no wifi required. Just need a decent cell signal. It comes with both a Verizon and AT&T Sim card, so you can have a choice on whichever had better service. I have some at my lakehouse and they work very well. So far batteries are lasting me 5 plus months easily. It's also a no glow technology, so no flash or sounds at night.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Second for Tactacam. Have several. App works well and can share cameras with others for viewing through app.

2017 Supra SA

Isn't there battery life issue with Apple AirTags? I recall reading about this. They only last for X amount of time?
    2018 Supra SL400

I think they use a CR2032. Cheap to replace

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan