Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

Ed that's just wrong!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Play nice Ed... lol!!
    2005 Moomba Outback

Wink It happened this weekend

I had my 11 yr old twins and their girl friends tubing on a crowded yet beautiful weekend (to wavy for anything else) the girls know the rules about the ropes, but i guess when you have 5 chatty pre teens the rules go out the window. thank god for the swiss multitool, the seraded saw blade worked the best, goggles would have been nice, with all the waves and all. after 20 minutes finally got it all. wife was smart enough to take keys out of ignition. One large square knot and now we have a 10 ft shorter tubing rope and one funny story to remember (not funny while i was sucking air, banging my head on the boat bottom, and minor cuts from the prop or rudder) i will get a strap for the muti-tool, if that dropped 125ft, we would have needed the all embarresing tow ( about 7 miles)

all in all a great weekend
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I wrapped my tube rope (large diameter) aroung the shaft, right at the cutlass bearing. My buddies and I took turns with a butcher knife for about 20 minutes but we couldn't get it all. The friction from the turning shaft on the way back to the dock actually melted the rope. What worked, after I got home, was my CUTCO serrated hunting knife. Amazing how easily it cuts rope. Once I cut through one side of the melted mass, it easily popped off the shaft and looked a plastic bushing. It had blocked the water flow to the cutlass bearing but luckily no damage.

To sum it all up, try to keep the water flow moving through your cutlass bearing!!!
    05 LSV - Any color as long as it's RED

Maybe it's because I'm a young college student, but I didn't have much trouble untangling a wake rope with my hands. I think that I took three long breaths and cut near the cuticles of a few fingers.

Though we do have a multi-tool onboard and I always recommend having one. (Car, boat, house)
    Stephen
    Georgia Tech Water Ski
    http://waterski.gatech.edu
    Tournament info https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=5296