Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default anyone else see CC buying indmar?

Mercruiser tooled their own engines. Copied the GM 6.2L LS blocks, same bore and stroke, cam in block, overhead valve configuration.

Marine specific engines. They are stout.

Mercruiser has stated that the new GM LT based engines are unnecessary for marine use with all the complications of direct injection.

I tend to agree. The GM LS engines are outstanding for power and durability. So they picked a good engine to copy.

https://www.boats.com/reviews/mercru...marine-engine/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 11-11-2022 at 12:35 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Mercruiser tooled their own engines. Copied the GM 6.2L LS blocks, same bore and stroke, cam in block, overhead valve configuration.

Marine specific engines. They are stout.

Mercruiser has stated that the new GM LT based engines are unnecessary for marine use with all the complications of direct injection.

I tend to agree. The GM LS engines are outstanding for power and durability. So they picked a good engine to copy.

https://www.boats.com/reviews/mercru...marine-engine/

yeah, never had an issue with my old centurion with a 350 black scorpion engine.
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Mercruiser might be the easiest to winterize/basic service.

I think mercruiser is the heyday powertrain.

I don’t think they have currently have a 1.7 transmission available, but perhaps easy to make one.

All speculation until SC announces a drivetrain change.

heyday uses both mercury and PCM, although their newest model only uses mercury

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    What's your source? Mine works for the company.

Then you know this is 100% accurate info..
    Last edited by brad460; 11-11-2022 at 06:44 PM.
    2021 Moomba Max

Seems like an odd acquisition to me since they don't even use their engines at present.

There's nothing I love more than seeing giant companies buy other giant companies in a space where shit it already absurdly overpriced.
    Anybody ever wondered if correct craft charges too much, this pretty much says yes, yes they do
    "hey lets buy a competing engine company for no apparent reason to stifle competition, sounds fun"
    2020 Supra SA

Yea - those that dominate a market segment will dictate the price and try to control the direction of the segment. I see this all the time in software and a company flush with cash. Reminds me of Brunswick Boats buying everything up a little while back.

Family owned and operated - someone got paid big time . . . . Good for them.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Seems like an odd acquisition to me since they don't even use their engines at present.

There's nothing I love more than seeing giant companies buy other giant companies in a space where shit it already absurdly overpriced.
    Anybody ever wondered if correct craft charges too much, this pretty much says yes, yes they do
    "hey lets buy a competing engine company for no apparent reason to stifle competition, sounds fun"
    im not sure if they get any IP with the purchase, but they will definitely get some cost savings. It gives them more negotiating power with the suppliers, which drives their costs down, so hopefully the consumer cost stays the same. It could go either way tho, but usually companies try making money on the cost side, vs just jacking prices.

Skier's Choice has not had any discussions with Mercruiser and is not changing to them. We are excited about our future with Indmar and Ford. We think PCM's involvement will benefit all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Then you know this is 100% accurate info..
    This didn't age well for you if you read RickT response, lol. Pretty sure he knows a thing or 3.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

The dreaded rumor mill put to a stop . . . . oopsie on that call. LOL
    2018 Supra SL400