Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default anyone else see CC buying indmar?

wonder what this will do to skiers/mb and any of the others using indmar?
    heard CC owns pcm as well since that's what centurion/supreme have been using.

Official Correct Craft Press Release:
    Millington, TN (November 7, 2022) -​​​​ Today, Correct Craft announced the acquisition of Indmar Marine Engines, a pioneer and leader in the inboard marine engine segment with a hard-earned reputation for delivering world-class quality and reliability. Indmar will be operated by Correct Craft subsidiary Liberty Technologies which also manages PCM Engines, Crusader Engines, Levitator Engines, and Velvet Drive Transmissions.

While an important new member of Correct Craft's portfolio of brands, Indmar will continue to operate independently, retaining its own brand and team members. Indmar will remain operating from its world headquarters in Millington, TN, while continuing to supply its boat-building manufacturers and network of dealers.

For over half a century, Indmar has been focused on the future, introducing new innovations and technologies that have enabled the sport and the industry to progress and grow. From the early adoption of fuel-injected engines to the introduction of green technologies that reduce exhaust emissions, Indmar has embraced opportunities to make its products better, improving the environment and the lives of boating enthusiasts and families across the world.

Chuck Rowe, former President of Indmar Marine Engines, commented, “I am proud of the company and brand that our family has built. The acquisition by Correct Craft provides significant opportunities for long-term growth while continuing to build and honor my family’s legacy; However, most importantly, the acquisition with Correct Craft provides additional security and opportunity for our employees, boat building partners, and network of dealers.” Rowe added, “There could not be a better company to sell our business to than Correct Craft. The values and culture of Correct Craft are one-of-a-kind, and I know Indmar is in good hands.”

Liberty Technologies President Mark McKinney stated, “We are excited to welcome the Indmar team into our Liberty Technologies family.” McKinney added, “The Rowe family has done an extraordinary job of leading Team Indmar and making outstanding advancements in the inboard marine industry. Though Chuck Rowe’s shoes will be hard to fill, I am excited about the opportunity to continue the legacy of Indmar and to work with the team to support and provide additional features, products, and opportunities that will elevate Indmar and their OEMs to new heights.”

CEO of Correct Craft, Bill Yeargin, stated, “I am tremendously happy to have Indmar join us as a part of the Correct Craft family. Chuck and his father have built a phenomenal company that resulted in both men’s induction into the Marine Industry Hall of Fame. I appreciate the trust they have placed in our team, and we will do our best to meet and exceed their expectations.”

Yeargin added, “Indmar has a strong team whom we respect greatly. We are excited to continue providing Indmar’s customers with products well beyond what we can imagine. We are looking forward to an exciting future!”

About Indmar Marine Engines
    Indmar is the world’s largest privately held manufacturer of gasoline-powered inboard marine engines. Indmar has a pedigree going back nearly 51 years in the inboard marine industry and a proud tradition of pointing the way forward. Indmar was the first inboard manufacturer to deliver fuel injection, and custom-calibrated engines and the first to produce an inboard engine with a catalyzed exhaust, which is now the industry standard. Today, this legendary brand delivers an inimitable mix of unrivaled performance, meticulous craftsmanship, and ground-breaking innovations – charting a course for others to follow. Indmar operates advanced manufacturing facilities in the U.S. with distribution centers in Millington, TN, Merced, CA and Clarkston, WA. For more information, please visit www.indmar.com.

About Correct Craft
    Celebrating 97 years of excellence in the marine industry, Correct Craft is a Florida-based company with global operations. Focused on “Making Life Better,” the Correct Craft family includes Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, Bass Cat, Yar-Craft, SeaArk, Parker, and Ingenity boat companies, Pleasurecraft Engine Group, Indmar Marine Engines, Velvet Drive Transmissions, Watershed Innovation and Aktion Parks. For more information, please visit www.correctcraft.com​.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Very interesting acquisition.

Curious if Indmar stays Ford focused or switches to GM. Correct crafts other engine companies only use GM engines.

Maybe nothing changes.

Bottomline I doubt it much matters what engine brand goes in a SC boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 11-10-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Very interesting acquisition.

Curious if Indmar stays Ford focused or switches to GM. Correct crafts other engine companies only use GM engines.

Maybe nothing changes.

Bottomline I doubt it much matters what engine brand goes in a SC boat.

Talked to a friend with inside info, nothing changes, it's just an acquisition.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Skier Choice has already signed a contract to move to MerCruiser…
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Skier Choice has already signed a contract to move to Mercury engines…
    What's your source? Mine works for the company.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Skier Choice has already signed a contract to move to MerCruiser…
    If SC makes a move to mercruiser or other engine, how does that affect all the owners with indmar engines regarding warranty work?
    2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Mercruiser 6.2l v8 is a near knockoff copy of a GM LS V8.

370hp/410 ft lbs.

Problem is, they don’t have higher output variants or a forced induction option.

They do have an 8.2L v8 big block.

As far as warranty with current raptors, the warranty resides with Indmar, not SC. The warranty and parts would be uneffected.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

GM or Ford, as long as 1) the oil is easy to change and 2) the winterization plugs are easy to get to, and 3) easy of tune-up to get to plugs . . . just saying.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 11-11-2022 at 10:34 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    GM or Ford, as long as 1) the oil is easy to change and 2) the winterization plugs are easy to get to, and 3) easy of tune-up to get to plugs . . . just saying.
    Mercruiser might be the easiest to winterize/basic service.

I think mercruiser is the heyday powertrain.

I don’t think they have currently have a 1.7 transmission available, but perhaps easy to make one.

All speculation until SC announces a drivetrain change.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Ford or Chevrolet Blocks? I personally have had both and have had good experiences with both, but, Let the battles begin! LOL! Let me start with some puns:

CHEVROLET= Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips.

CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

CHEVROLET= Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time

FORD= Fix Or Repair Daily
    FORD=Found On Road Dead
    FORD =Freaking Old Rebuilt Dodge

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub