Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never really thought about the distance. Pulled up the map and sketched out a path. Looks like the longest round trip we have done is about 44 miles, with some mild surfing and boarding in-between. If I recall, it took ~36 gallons to fill it back up the next weekend. So still, plenty of gas left. Cursing doesn't burn near as much as when the ballast is full and surfing.
    2021 Makai

Your Makai is fine 70 gallon tank.
    His 2016 Mojo is only 40 gallons. So I understand the concern, but no ballast strictly cruising at 22-ish mph should be good.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Ruger, I generally tend to burn more fuel when I am cursing and pissed off! LOL! Gotta love that autocorrect.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    His 2016 Mojo is only 40 gallons. So I understand the concern, but no ballast strictly cruising at 22-ish mph should be good.
    Mojo is 50 gallons. I have been thinking it wouldn't be a problem but then I started to read a trip report from someone else and they stretched it a bit too far and it got me worried. He was getting 1.5 mpg instead of 2 mpg due to a problem with the boat he was running. I haven't ever tried to track it. My BIL just about ran his Supra SL out doing a similar excursion but was able to buy gas off of a houseboat. I really wouldn't be too worried except the mid-lake marina (Dangling Rope) was damaged last summer and NPS hasn't been able to find a replacement, leaving about 80 miles of lake (not counting the 10 miles up the other river arm we will be going to) between the two closest marinas with gas. I recalculated my trip and it will really run about 80 miles total, but I think I will be fine. I will be tossing in 10-20 gallons in cans for some peace of mind though. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be able to send a nice shot of us passing beneath Gregory Natural Bridge.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Ah yes that would be a lot harder to do. Should be good to go, your lighter than we are, and I generally cruise around 30ish
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Ruger, I generally tend to burn more fuel when I am cursing and pissed off! LOL! Gotta love that autocorrect.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Haha yep I can agree with that on some days!
    2021 Makai