Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba factory cover with tower stowed

I think I know the answer to this question...but wanna ask others just to be sure. I have a 2019 Craz with the factory cover ans standard A3 tower. Any idea if the cover will fit with the tower stowed?

I'm thinking the answer is "no" but maybe a good response will tell me otherwise. If the answer is no, does anyone have a recommendation on a cover that would fit with the tower stowed? I'm faced with storing the boat outside this winter (cringe) as my normal storage place closed and I'm not having any luck finding covered storage.
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold

Doesn't really help you, but just to put info out there on this subject, my 2021 Makai factory cover will not fit with the tower stowed. The cover uses the tower as part of its support system.
    I am leaning in the direction yours probably will not as well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

You can buy a cover that will cover the entire boat as well as the tower. I am sure it is not cheap but would accomplish what you want. There are also places that can make you a cover for the tower that would wrap around it. This might not be much help as I don't know any of the company names but I am sure people will chime in with them here.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

We had same issue here in Vegas and ended up having the cover below built. Was $1600 at an upholstery shop. I'd go that route IF reused.
    For a once and done cover for winter, get it shrinkwrapped. Much cheaper, sturdier and won't leak.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Here's the back and a shot of the last wrap job on a boat we sold.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Here's the back and a shot of the last wrap job on a boat we sold.
    How much was the shrink wrap?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

$350. iirc prior to covid most were charging $15-20 per foot of boat to wrap. all depends on where you live tho. I couldn't find ANYONE in vegas to wrap the boat I sold to a kid in minnesota in early 2020 as no one here ever winterizes but in idaho/wisconsin, dealers were wrapping all year long.

best cover ever was from a company called transshield. it's the cover some oem's use to ship the boats. it's like shrinkwrap but has a felt underside. if you are VERY careful when cutting it, we reused ours for 4 years as a dust cover over the boat when it went to the warehouse for dry winter storage in wisconsin.

Thanks all for the comments. I had looked into shrink wrap. Local dealers want ~$500. Seems high but there' aren't a ton of folks that do this. Anyone tried to shrink wrap yourself? Is it DIY friendly for someone with decent mechanical skill? I see kits out there you can buy, but looks like you have to spend $300 - $400 on a special propane powered industrial heat gun on top of the actual kit
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold

What does a rental storage unit cost you in Raleigh? $125/month for 4 months is the same $500 and this way its out of the weather 100% of the time.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Last winter, I put my cover on the boat and then just used a big ass tarp to cover it, tower and all. But it's stored outdoors in TN where the weather is relatively mild.
    2022 Moomba Mondo