Default Warranty Coverage Questions (Part#2)

2) This is a shot of the batteries removed and a full fuel tank bulging out slightly at the middle height. Is this normal? My boat mechanic showed it to me and mentioned that he thought it looked odd or that there should've been some sort of mid-line support in place to help support it. I definitely didn't remove anything like that just wondered whether others would be worried.

2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

I don't think there is an issue there. Is the dark mark or rather line on the side of it from the battery cases?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

If that is the same material my 2015 tank is made of, that bulge is mold created and not pressure created. I.E. made that way.

The fuel tank should always be vented and not allowed to pressurize. I know 70-80 gallons of fuel creates a large load but should be fine inside the tank. If you are worried about the battery case rubbing on the plastic, take dynomat or similar (foil coated) and stick it across the tank. It will protect the tank from any abrasion and being foil coated won't create static charge.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I don't think there is an issue there. Is the dark mark or rather line on the side of it from the battery cases?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    No. The dark band was just there. Only one battery would line up against the fuel tank, and it would line up just on one side of the fuel tank. The other battery is towards the bow in front of the former.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    If that is the same material my 2015 tank is made of, that bulge is mold created and not pressure created. I.E. made that way.

The fuel tank should always be vented and not allowed to pressurize. I know 70-80 gallons of fuel creates a large load but should be fine inside the tank. If you are worried about the battery case rubbing on the plastic, take dynomat or similar (foil coated) and stick it across the tank. It will protect the tank from any abrasion and being foil coated won't create static charge.
    Good to know, still have some from doing sound insulation.
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    2021 Mojo Mods