Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    I know for sure wasn't too deep with the way the water is right now, we're pretty low for my lake, and I've had guys back me in way deeper. Just kind of odd. Water was almost dead calm too. 24+ years of boating, loading, unloading, in all conditions and never hit a prop till last weekend and it hit the trailer. Just very thankful there wasn't any other damage. Prop while not cheap is an easy fix.

So the OJ sent a new brass key with the prop, SC had a steel key in the original prop. I put the brass key in as I think its a nice bit of added protection for the shaft, what do you all think on that one?

Dollars to donuts I bet your trailer bunks were way too deep. The only way for prop strike is that or coming in way too hot and going sideways cutting across the trailer. Your trailer fenders should barely be under water, like an inch or 2, pull the boat on, let it settle, then either back in further or use the strap and some power to load the rest of the way. Glad Eric took care of you, he is the best!
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I keep my freshly repaired OJ 950 in my truck at all times along with my prop puller wrenches and pliers and a new cotter pin to lock it all down. After the summer I have had Im not taking any chances. Weekend saver kit is nice but I am too cheap to pay for a fancy bag when the box it came in will hold it all. I quit power loading my boat for fear of hitting the trailer. Always seems to be super windy or some moron is coming in hot to the dock and makin wakes when I try to load. I just walk it up on there and winch it up.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I bought an OJ kit when I bought my 945. Came with the puller, hardware and hard pelican type case. All in shipped was $725. I wasn't too angry but the website seemed off. However it call came in about 8 days and all quality. Everything was labeled from OJ.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

We'll was hoping to get the old prop shipped off today at lunch but couldn't leave work and by that I mean a truck was jackknifed blocking the road. We're trapped between a river and railroad tracks here at work. The driver apparently thought it would be a good idea to go around the railroad cross arms that were down pulling a 48ft trailer, not sure how he thought that was ever going to work in the first place. Then apparently he didn't see the train coming behind the trees. So he through it in reverse jackknifed the trailer and ran off in the ditch. He's extremely lucky the train was barely moving and wasn't going their normal speed. Took the tow truck a few hrs to get it all straightened back out and out of the ditch. So I'll get it shipped off Monday.

You all have a great weekend!
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Dollars to donuts I bet your trailer bunks were way too deep. The only way for prop strike is that or coming in way too hot and going sideways cutting across the trailer. Your trailer fenders should barely be under water, like an inch or 2, pull the boat on, let it settle, then either back in further or use the strap and some power to load the rest of the way. Glad Eric took care of you, he is the best!
    Maybe it was too deep, that’s Larry’s theory as well. Def wasn’t coming in hot, never do but for sure wasn’t this time as I was scared of the low water so was only barely bumping the throttle. I can dang sure tell you I’ll be watching the depth like a hawk for now on or even taking the cautious approach and getting it close and winching the last few feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

Got off work yesterday morning and decided to take boat and a couple buddies out for possibly the last time before my mondo gets sold. Water was still 80 but air temp was 62. Surfed and foiled some before calling itba day and heading home to get some sleep.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Got off work yesterday morning and decided to take boat and a couple buddies out for possibly the last time before my mondo gets sold. Water was still 80 but air temp was 62. Surfed and foiled some before calling itba day and heading home to get some sleep.
    Do you have someone lined-up to buy your boat or are you going to list it for sale in in the coming weeks?

Thinking about a Mojo next spring?
    2018 Supra SL400

Man OJ Props in on point. Shipped my damaged prop back last week and they have already fixed it and its on its way back. That's crazy fast service! Now for the bad news, we still haven't had any rain so the water level has dropped to a point where most ramps are not useable for a larger boat. So its looking more and more like my season might be coming to a close if we don't get some rain. Not going to risk any major damage or damage another prop.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Do you have someone lined-up to buy your boat or are you going to list it for sale in in the coming weeks?

Thinking about a Mojo next spring?
    Would love to get into a Mojo, boat is under contract already, most likely gone this week. Getting wife on board with new boat price is the hardest part.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Would love to get into a Mojo, boat is under contract already, most likely gone this week. Getting wife on board with new boat price is the hardest part.
    Well, good for you on getting a buyer.

Still can ride with us. I cannot go this Wed due to work, but will keep you in the loop.

Yea, new price shock to wives on the 22 and 23 increases. I was just talking to a Centurion owner that had a five year old boat the other day. He was really pissed at their increases over the last few years b/c his wife said No-Go on a new 23 footer for a 2023 model. I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400