Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Boat leaves in the AM. Sad day. I loved the little Moomba that could. Found a 2018 mojo in my same colors a couple hours away with a bunch of cool upgrades on it. Not exactly what I want but newer autowake boat. Also found a sweet 21 mojo in NH but its a 1000 mile roadtrip and I have to go during the week as I work weekends. Not trying to rush too much since I dont have a place to keep boat until I get this nightmare of a garage finished but hate to lose the last bit of my season when the wife and kids finally started surfing.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

That NH boat looked nice.

Might be best to stay put for now. With the Fed signaling they are raising interest rates in the future, we will see what that does to all the markets - house, stock/bond, car, boat, etc.

From the looks of it online, many are posting boats for sale. Some (probably few) are selling and some have the crazy prices and will probably sit there. I assume that is where 'options' help one boat sell over another. But it's fall and people are talking about putting boats away for the winter up north.
    2018 Supra SL400

There is also a nice used 22 Mojo in NH as well that I've considered. However, I'd really like to continue to store my boats in a garage bay with an 8' tall door. So I believe i need a pro tower to even have a chance as I believe the Mojo is slightly over 8' with a pro tower. This definitely limits our options on the used market. With inflation and boat prices we are likely to hold onto our older boat and build another taller garage bay to open up our options in the future. The biggest take away from test driving a 2023 Mojo and a 2022 T250 was how well our older boat meets our "needs."

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    From the looks of it online, many are posting boats for sale.
    man you are so right. there was around 2k on OI this spring. it's at 3500 now. that's a healthy jump and highest it's been since 3/2020.... and likely the first small sign the wakeboat market pricing will start to drop. I bet there's some better deals late this winter/early next spring.
    there's about 40 2023 skiers boats for sale on there and some have actual pics meaning inventory in stock. that would not have been the case in the last 2 years. likely another small sign.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    man you are so right. there was around 2k on OI this spring. it's at 3500 now.
    Agree. Yesterday someone else was telling me that number of "3500 boats" for sale on IO.

Some of the other Fbook groups (wakeboard and surfing) are posting threads asking if anything is selling or asking how many calls people are getting after listing a boat.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default September 2022 Pics & Vids

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Agree. Yesterday someone else was telling me that number of "3500 boats" for sale on IO.

Some of the other Fbook groups (wakeboard and surfing) are posting threads asking if anything is selling or asking how many calls people are getting after listing a boat.
    I have a few friends with their newer boats for sale. 3-4 years old and newer.
    Few Of them say no calls.
    Few of them say very few calls, and no offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    I have a few friends with their newer boats for sale. 3-4 years old and newer.
    knowing what the market has done in the last 4 years, I would think anyone that bought a boat in '18 to early '20 are in excellent shape to sell a boat IF they are not trying to be greedy. those that bought in '21-'22 I suspect are going to be reminiscent of the housing market from those that bought in '07 and were stuck upside down for some time.

I know if I was running a production line at a boat builder, I would start to throttle back production over the winter to help limit supply to bolster demand. especially at mc/bu where they seem to churn them out like water. likely some great insight into the market when bu releases their annual financial statement for 2023 and 2024 guidance.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have looked at several boats recently dealer has a 22 Max with 17 hours on it but even at the price they quoted me I still think its just too high. They gave me the guys deal sheet as a reference so that didnt help their case either. Just gonna wait it out and see what shakes out this fall. Will give me time to get my garage completed also so when I do find one I will have a place to keep it.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Trying to get there last bit of summer in. Of course my little girl finally wants to ride her board. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Her little Zup board

2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold