Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Rd, that looks like you guys had a blast! Awesome pictures!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Well for Labor Day this year we did something we’ve been talking about for years. We drove 400 miles to Mnt Ida Arkansas, rented a house boat and spent the weekend on Lake Ouachita with some friends. Weather forecast had us worried all week but with the exception of an evening thunderstorm Friday night, the weekend was near perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So did you get to drive this rig?

I've never driven one, but looks cool. Docking would be fun with dual motors or some thrusters.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

I've never driven one, but looks cool. Docking would be fun with dual motors or some thrusters.
    Yeah I got to drive. I was a little blown away at how after a 15 min talk on how to turn it on along with some other very basic info they basically tossed me the keys. They have captains that pull you in and out of the marina but once we got out of the no wake zone it was me. Beaching and tying off was a breeze. Hardest part was going in a straight line. Our boat was single engine so I’m not sure if dual engine would be easier or not.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Rd, that looks like you guys had a blast! Awesome pictures!

It was definitely fun. I have a ton of video to go through so I’ll see if I can get some more screen grabs. Can’t wait until we get to do it again.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Looks like a beautiful lake. I would love to go there, but that's a 750 plus mile trip for me to pull. Might take a lot of planning!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

@HFarr, I just went 1000 miles South Carolina to Canada. We stopped on the way there in New York to visit friends. But we did the whole thing one shot on the way home in 20 hours, only stops for gas, food, bathroom. Like you said, do some planning and the 750 miles won’t be that bad.

I was pulling an SL with my 2011 Tundra, averaged about 9 miles to the gallon. But it was fun and worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

My take is that they are relaxing to drive when you are just going down the lake but they can bring moments of sheer terror. The two engines make them very maneuverable if you know how to work them. Everything is slow though. The max speed is around 8 mph and that is pushing it. Docking can be fine but a bit stressful. Add wind to the mix and then comes the terror since the sides and Bimini act like a huge sail. Trying to dock to get gas, pump the tanks pull into the slip with any wind over 5-10 mph and you will start sweating bullets. Thrusters make life slightly more manageable but not every houseboat has them and there are degrees of effectiveness. They will generally only work in short bursts to shift each end of the boat a couple feet and mine only allows you to use the front or back thruster one at a time. Still the best way to boat!

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Looks like a beautiful lake. I would love to go there, but that's a 750 plus mile trip for me to pull. Might take a lot of planning!

750 one way? It was 800 miles round trip for us. Eventually I want to make the 1200 mile drive to Powell for a week.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    My take is that they are relaxing to drive when you are just going down the lake but they can bring moments of sheer terror. The two engines make them very maneuverable if you know how to work them. Everything is slow though. The max speed is around 8 mph and that is pushing it. Docking can be fine but a bit stressful. Add wind to the mix and then comes the terror since the sides and Bimini act like a huge sail. Trying to dock to get gas, pump the tanks pull into the slip with any wind over 5-10 mph and you will start sweating bullets. Thrusters make life slightly more manageable but not every houseboat has them and there are degrees of effectiveness. They will generally only work in short bursts to shift each end of the boat a couple feet and mine only allows you to use the front or back thruster one at a time. Still the best way to boat!
    Yea, I would do without 10 mph wind when docking or turning in tight quarters.
    2018 Supra SL400

While putting the boat away I did discover a close call.

Looks like I need to pay discount tire a visit soon. Tires are 5 years old so it’s about that time I guess

David