Default Ballast Pump turning on

22 mojo. Anyone have a problem with ballast pumps turning on for what appears to be no reason? I’ll be full 100/100/100 and surfing normal. Autowake is OFF. And I’ll hear a ballast pump turn on - typically the port side. I’ll flip the port side switch on/off and hear it shut off. But a few seconds later it will go on again. Any idea why? Again autowake is off so the boat should not be trying to adjust for anything.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Mojo

The new software has an auto ballast fill. So if it senses that the ballast isn’t 100% full where you set it at, it will fill it back up. Takes care of the air bleeders that slowly let the air out of the bags and keeps them full.

If it drives you crazy you can go into the settings page (I think it’s called the smart tech setting page) and turn it off.

2021 Makai

When you saw new software, do you mean 2022 or 2023 version? I have 2022 and it hasn’t been updated yet.

2022 Mojo

Have you opened the locker and checked if they are still at 100% when they turn on. The air bleeder statement is probably true. Unless you burp all the air out when you first fill the bags, there is usually a lot in there. If you don't burp them you would be surprised at how much weight you are giving up to air volume. And the air WILL fool the sensors into thinking more water is in there.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by jordankmc View Post
    When you saw new software, do you mean 2022 or 2023 version? I have 2022 and it hasn’t been updated yet.

It should just be a feature on the newest version, but jump to your setting screen and see if it has the smart tech page for auto ballast fill. Not sure what software your 22 Mojo would have vs our Makai, which has been updated twice now. The version right before we updated about a month ago didn’t have that page and didn’t auto fill the ballast like the new version does.

2021 Makai

Default Ballast Pump turning on

HFarr - I fill until water over flows so I’m assuming that means the air is gone right?

2022 Mojo

Hope it’s not the ballast relay module issue again. Back in 2018-2019 they had a few boats have a ballast relay module melting issue. Mine was affected. When the relay module goes bad it can cause the ballast pumps to do strange things. They resolved the issue by I think Channing some wiring routing and using a better positive battery feed bolt and nut but it’s been a while so I might have some info slightly wrong. Basically they got rid of the problem I think that was caused by loose connections which created a lot of electrical resistance for the module. You can check if it’s your module by removing the faux wall on the rear of the rear storage / ballast bag compartments and inspect the ballast relay module for any signs of melting. The ballast relay module is a black box with a bunch of fuses on the front of it. It should be easy to spot once you remove the faux panel. Usually the port side of the one that goes bad for whatever reason. I haven’t heard of this issue happening again from say 2020 and newer boats but with supply chain world these days there’s no telling. Worth a look.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

It's in the 22 versions as well. I assume they use the sensors (which are different than the numerical timers on the screen). So even if it says 100 the sensor will trigger the pump on to keep it full. You can go into the settings and disable it.