Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 pricing?

If I had a boat already and had time to negotiate, I would expect 10-15% and be ready to walk if I didn’t get it. Just use my older model. If I didn’t have a boat I would be in a worse negotiating position and would either have to take the discount offered by the dealer or look at used boats.

Been reading around the different forums and social media. More used boats out there from previous levels, but not as many as pre-covid. The guy from onlyinboards was posting something about the number of boats for sale now vs 3-5 years ago. Comments about peeps hanging onto boats longer.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Been reading around the different forums and social media. More used boats out there from previous levels, but not as many as pre-covid. The guy from onlyinboards was posting something about the number of boats for sale now vs 3-5 years ago. Comments about peeps hanging onto boats longer.
    Folks probably holding on to boats longer because so many overpaid (especially people who bought used boats).
    2021 Moomba Max

I don't know if i would say i overpaid but I'm not jumping on upgrading because the price increases on new ones. Im still meeting with my dealer to run the numbers on a boat once mine is al fixed.

The annual price increases absolutely shelter the used market. My theory is the OEM’s do this for propping up used market.

OEM’s rely on owners upgrading and imagine if you go to upgrade and were $10-20k upside down in your boat. Odds are most would not eat that negative equity.

Short of a 2008-2010 type crash, I would not expect prices to adjust down and I doubt OEM’s will ever reduce MSRP’s year over year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I dunno that I would say there's a lot less for sale now. my gut says in years past people would post boats up for sale and wouldn't pull them off the site until they either got a random call a year later or the site auto-cleans them up after a year not to mention dealers using it as free advertising kind of like a bait/switch thing. when we were shopping in 2018 for our z3 we found a TON of boats that were sold but still listed almost a year later. I know we cleaned up at least 10 boats that we called on and were sold/disappeared that night. OI had around 5k "active" listings back then but the unknown are how many were sold boats or dealer trolling to not pay another listing fee.
    covid hit and everyone was calling on every boat listed multiple times-annoyed dealers with zero inventory and people getting dozens of calls a week and I suspect as it dropped to 2k "active" listings when we bought our r23 in mid2020 this is where the market really is.
    I think OI only had 3 or 3.5k for sale prior to covid and it's right back up there today.
    1200 of the 3000 listings are 2021/2022 and we all know there's not many leftovers. that seems higher than we saw pre-covid for 1-2 y.o. boats.

larry is spot on. msrp's won't fall BUT I can see discounts increase IF the market slows any more OR you will see builders introduce a new model at a lower msrp while discontinuing current. msrp's never fell during the last crash, incentives picked up and builders throttled back production to meet demand.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My dealer is offering 5% on moomba and 10% on Supra. If you order a 23 before a certain date, you can get an additional 2%

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

yep, 7% is what i saw last week when i went to the dealer.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    My dealer is offering 5% on moomba and 10% on Supra. If you order a 23 before a certain date, you can get an additional 2%

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    yep, 7% is what i saw last week when i went to the dealer.
    They are trippin.
    I’ll keep my current boat.

Not sure the accuracy of this website but I assume this is base model price comparison.
    At 7% discount now the dealers are making plenty of money. They can go deeper! The SL is showing 34% markup from invoice to MSRP....Ridiculous!
    Screenshot_20220907-161238_Chrome.jpg
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow