Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anti-freeze is not necessary unless you live very far north and/ or store outside.
    In Ohio I see negative Temps and it will stay under freezing for weeks and no issues.

By draining everything and leaving it open to dry, it creates expansion room for any water that could be left. Pull the plugs and impeller and let it go. I usually pull my rear bags but that is also so I can work on the mechanicals. I leave them out until spring also.

Changing fluids with an extractor is the only way. The air fitting trick for the engine oil line is the best. Takes me all of 2 hours and about $100 in materials.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    I know. Thought I was maybe missing something. I already have an oil extraction pump for other equipment. I'll just grab the manual and get all the proper fluids and do it myself. I might actually call back and ask another person. I wonder if the person I talked to thought I wanted them to store it.
    Might be worth checking. But it really is pretty easy to do assuming you can physically get down into the rear lockers. Now buying synthetic oil adds up with filters but still not too bad. Indmar has a manual on their site that is pretty decent.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Anti-freeze is not necessary unless you live very far north and/ or store outside.
    In Ohio I see negative Temps and it will stay under freezing for weeks and no issues.

By draining everything and leaving it open to dry, it creates expansion room for any water that could be left. Pull the plugs and impeller and let it go. I usually pull my rear bags but that is also so I can work on the mechanicals. I leave them out until spring also.

Changing fluids with an extractor is the only way. The air fitting trick for the engine oil line is the best. Takes me all of 2 hours and about $100 in materials.
    Got a picture of the bucket strainer set up and air fitting? I live in ND/MN so it can get crazy cold here. Can't see harm in running AF through it prior to pulling plugs.

Got a picture of the bucket strainer set up and air fitting? I live in ND/MN so it can get crazy cold here. Can't see harm in running AF through it prior to pulling plugs.
    I don't use the bucket method but have seen one. It's a 5 gallon bucket with a garden hose valve mounted in the side and you use a garden hose to connect that to the strainer. Place the bucket so it can gravity feed into the strainer and start the boat. Don't let it run dry and place another bucket under the exhaust to catch the anti-freeze and it can be re-used/recycled.

I would drain the system first so you are not diluting the anti-freeze too much.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Default 2022 Moomba Winterization

Thought I had one on my phone, just need to find it.

5g bucket.
    Brass hose valve/bibb in the side - not the circle on/off style.
    4-5’ RV non-kink hose with fitting on each end.

Need to shut off the raw water valve and place the bucket on a towel on the seat - have it raised a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 08-31-2022 at 10:43 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

It’s been talked about in here.

I’m pretty sure the Raptor Indmar manual now says to drain. In the GM motor manual from the past I swear the recommend antifreeze after draining water.

Anyways, I’ve been draining and using antifreeze for years. Just the way I do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400