Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Tommy
    Thanks for the input. This is exactly what I was hoping to do. I'm no expert or trainer but I know I struggled doing these thing as a kid and this would have helped me. Trying to create as much positive experience as possible.

Is this boom setup on your prostar or new mojo?
    This is the Prostar with the boom mounted to the pylon. Sorry, I don’t have experience specifically with the tower mounted design. I have been using the boom since 2014 so if you have any more questions I will try my best to answer them. On a safety note, don’t approach an athlete in the water while rollers are going by as they we rock the the boat and the boom will travel up an down with significant force. If there is a person under the boom they could get hit by the boom. Think “wack-a-mole” and you get the idea.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

https://wakeboards.com/barefoot-inte...dd96d41a01587f

Seeing Tommy’s post got me thinking. I was pretty sure I had seen a v drive boom before. Above link is a boom designed to work of the rear pylon on a v drive. This could be an additional option for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

That looks like a better idea than the tower mount. The s-bend moves the boom forward on the boat to help get the athlete out of the spray. The height adjustment bracket is a cool idea as well. I have to move my spotter around to list the boat to adjust the boom height. That bracket would eliminate that. With this set up,I would also consider the extension to make the boom longer and the reduced diameter extension at the end. Both will likely be needed to get the athlete completely out of the spray with the boom a ways back on the boat. I have both and the spray doesn’t miss the athletes by much and mine exits the boat just in front of the tower base.

2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by PatL View Post
    https://wakeboards.com/barefoot-inte...dd96d41a01587f

Seeing Tommy’s post got me thinking. I was pretty sure I had seen a v drive boom before. Above link is a boom designed to work of the rear pylon on a v drive. This could be an additional option for you.

Pat
    It is between the pylon mount and the tower version. I have the S-Bend tower on my Mojo and I was worried about strength and lateral force on the tower. Equally worried about the pylon since it's 2ft long and sits in a hole and isn't really mounted to the boat.

Seeing the designs, the cables on the bow eye are doing 75% of the work. I like the tower better because it puts the kids even with me (driver) and easier to spot. I'm thinking I can modify the tower boom support arms to be turn buckles and it would also give me height adjustment.

As for offset weight....I was going to move lead around to even out the spotter. With the kids learning out of the wake and spray I'm not worried boat weight and the ballast will be empty anyways.

Good ideas guys...really thank you.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow