Default Waveform installed calibration tomorrow 8/17

I have a 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV and I just finished installing Waveform and I have surfmode. Going to hit the lake tomorrow and calibrate everything and see how Waveform actually works. It's an automated ballast management system. I can see my bag levels on my tablet and control my ballast and surf settings with a tap on the screen. If its anything like Surfmode it'll be flawless. Giving a shout out to Bryan Thompson on all the help he gave while installing. Such a cool guy and products

.20220816_133908.jpg
    Ryan

.....But I'd rather be boating.....

1989 Spectrum Fish/Ski **Sold**
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

not to come across the wrong way but...

have not heard of this so looked into it.
    -pricing seems to be a little wonky as it's listed for several prices all different depending on whether you want the "free" dual suckgates or not. Needs to find a common pricepoint between his websites.
    -the waveform website https://waveform.surf/ is definitely a work in progress. broken links, missing video and some areas of the website he forgot to change out the reminders to add content and pics. I find it interesting that all the videos are of a wood/tape boat diagram in what looks to be a basement with no real world shots. not a single vid of an actual boat using waveform. surfmode website has an actual video that MIGHT be of their product but again no real world a vs b comparisons that I saw, just a girl boasting up the wave that may or may not be paid.
    -I find the fuel calculator to be highly suspect. math works but he is making some assumptions that might not be true of fuel usage at rpm points. 3600rpm's dropping to 3240rpm's is a 10% reduction in rpms but this doesn't always mean a 10% reduction in fuel usage and associated daily costs. I know- marketing marketing marketing. reducing rpm's will save gas but not sure it's what's being called out.
    -one of the challenges with some of the early ballast/surf systems were the inability to accurately track how full the bags actually are. both of my tiges (2012/2014) and the earlier skiers choice boats had ballast timers but none were real accurate. this appears to be using the same concept. feed it enough data points and it'll figure out that at 1:30 of fill time the front bag is 90% but it will always be an average of data points you have to provide, not real world. supra iirc was one of the first to use fill sensors in the lines that eliminated the "guesswork". math says over the course of a day on the water, this will lose a little accuracy each time it fills/drains and after a few hours of doing this, it'll need recalibrated. if you have a boat that has vent suction water loss from being full, nothing will measure and track that.

what I took away looking into both product and Brian, the surfmode dual suckgate setup should have some improvements on SOME hulls so worth a few $$ to play around with it and see if it makes sense on your boat but before I would spend a G on an early autowake clone, would need to see several dozen real world boats showing improvements. iirc there were a lot of gripes with the early versions of autowake before skiers perfected the flow sensors and tab settings.

interesting to see what you post up and hope it's the magic bullet for a perfect wave you are seeking.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Looking forward to seeing how this works for you!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk