Post 2005 möbius ls hard to steer

How hard is it to change a steering cable on my 2005 moomba möbius ls my last trip it was very hard to steer, and I see no Access to the rudder

My '05 has a zerk grease fitting on the rudder inside the boat that I lube it every year at the start of the season. I take out the port side locker divider to get access but it's pretty tight to get a grease gun to it. My steering started feeling tight this year so I'm looking at a cable change in the near future. There are several threads on this sight for changing steering cables. If you don't want to take up the floor you can tie the new to the existing cable and use it to pull the new cable in. I plan on pulling my floor. I've had it out before and once you find all the screws it's not difficult to do.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by rdc724 View Post
    How hard is it to change a steering cable on my 2005 moomba möbius ls my last trip it was very hard to steer, and I see no Access to the rudder
    If ur boat is ls vs a lsv then it’s very similar to my Outback. There should be a removable floor panel behind the engine box in the center. That will give you access to reach the rudder. I replaced my cable after a couple years bc it got hard to steer. Since then I always turn the steering wheel all the way to port when storing the boat. Have not had any problems w that since.

Replacing the steering cable is not terribly difficult to do. Hardest part is getting it under the dash and back through the engine compartment. Recommend tieing a rope to the old one and pulling it through then attach to new one etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by rdc724 View Post
    Check out this thread. https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....Steering-Cable
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI