Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Mirror - stock one is blech

Not sure which sub forum is best, but after the first 50 hours with the stock mirror it would already be at the bottom of a lake if I didn’t need it… what’s the general consensus, I do love the PTM pro, have actually been able to get hands on with one at a Tige dealer (sadly it was on a new boat and not for sale)…. What else is out there that provides a solid mount with ease of adjustability, as I cant get over the difficulty on the stock one….
    Last edited by Dukabor; 08-15-2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    Not sure which sub forum is best, but after the first 50 hours with the stock mirror it would already be at the bottom of a lake if I didn’t need it… what’s the general consensus, I do love the PTM pro, have actually been able to get hands on with one at a Tige dealer (sadly it was on a new boat and not for sale)…. What else is out there that provides a solid mount with ease of adjustability, as I cant get over the difficulty on the stock one….
    What is the stock one you have? I have a PTM and really like it. I just bought an extension for it so I can see under it a little better. Any photos?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

20EB5020-4236-496B-95AB-20B15F3A539C.jpg9A4B9ADE-C692-43BF-A7F2-DBB4FE167668.jpg3958EBC2-9AD7-41A3-8BBB-DCAB7667EF31.jpg

Here is the stock one…. The adjustable and knobs are cumbersome, and almost no gap visible between the windshield frame and bottom of the mirror making visibility challenging….

The CIPA isn't bad. The PTM is better (my opinion).
    I have found it is better to install the mirror on the port side window and angle it toward the driver seat.
    Gives me visibility across the whole back and doesn't block my forward view.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Thanks, I may certainly have to try that in the interim, but I feel like the rough feeling mount and adjustability are probably relegating this one to back up duty once I can get something else shipped to Canada lol
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

The PTM’s are nice with the quick release feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    The CIPA isn't bad. The PTM is better (my opinion).
    I have found it is better to install the mirror on the port side window and angle it toward the driver seat.
    Gives me visibility across the whole back and doesn't block my forward view.
    I agree. I have the ptm edge 140 installed on port windshield. Absolutely love it. Can see everything in the rear, with no forward visibility issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that same Cipa mirror too and installed it on the port side as well because it blocked my view. I now have the PTM installed just off to my right side in front of me now and like it ok there, but am about to add the extension so I can see under it even better. Will take some pictures this weekend with it on there.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I have had the Cipa 180 with tall mount on my last 2 boats, it is a great mirror for the money. PTM is top of the line, but it isn't $200 or more better.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I moved the Cipa over to the port side yesterday, and of course it improved forward visibility, but was unable to position it for the correct rear view while having the center window open, as it would be resting the window frame on the mount…. Lol, I know a portion of this is reflective of my stature, and stock seat height, the latter I can alleviate, I think at this age I am stuck with the former!
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags