Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    Thanks…. I do enjoy trying one thing at a time, the pump cycling keeps popping my panels, do I attacked that issue yesterday, preemptive strike for bigger bags I think
    Sorry for the hijack but what did you find was tripping the switch?

Mine do that from time to time and I have not been able to figure it out.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, not sure exactly your question….

My pumps shut off when the sensors trigger them, and usually the bags were not completely full, usually have to wait for the air to leak out or burp it manually), the panels popping I referred to is the engine divider panels popping inwards towards the engine….
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Hi there, not sure exactly your question….

My pumps shut off when the sensors trigger them, and usually the bags were not completely full, usually have to wait for the air to leak out or burp it manually), the panels popping I referred to is the engine divider panels popping inwards towards the engine….
    Ah. I misunderstood!

Every so often mine trip the breaker switch. I’ve been chasing an electrical gremlin for some time.

Getting closer though!

Thanks for the response.

As I follow up, I was emailing Wakemakers today about the status of the new bags and was advised they are still in the Engineering-Development phase…. Not available yet, and no timeline available, but still in the works….
    2022 Makai

Another update…. For those that may be interested…. January release is likely and the bags are currently rating at 1723lb each… if I recall correct the stock bags are 1000lb… so potentially 1400 more lbs ballast….
    2022 Makai

Yes stock are 1,000 lb. For one rear corner bag.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Another update…. For those that may be interested…. January release is likely and the bags are currently rating at 1723lb each… if I recall correct the stock bags are 1000lb… so potentially 1400 more lbs ballast….
    Very cool! I hope to continue to dial in my setup next year. Trying to balance out messing with it vs just having fun on the water.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Question for you guys/gals:

I still need to vent these bags and WM recommend a dedicated vent with a new thru-hull port- AKA cut a hole in the side of the boat.

They claim that this helps know what part of the bag is full. I'm not sure I totally understand this but it does make sense to have it dedicated. Any thoughts?
    2022 Makai 400
    Chilltech

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Question for you guys/gals:

I still need to vent these bags and WM recommend a dedicated vent with a new thru-hull port- AKA cut a hole in the side of the boat.

They claim that this helps know what part of the bag is full. I'm not sure I totally understand this but it does make sense to have it dedicated. Any thoughts?

I will let the Makai owners speak to it directly because I don't know the specifics of the WM upgrade you bought but I'd bet you could tie into the existing vent lines and save drilling holes pretty easily.

As well, something to think about, if you are adding a considerable amount of weight over stock with this upgrade, say, +750-1000 lbs, or you have more than 5-6 large adults on the boat or any combination of the two, a propeller with a pitch of 16.5 may not be enough to get you upto the standard speed/pitch values that most on here would say makes a good wave with enough push for adults.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I will let the Makai owners speak to it directly because I don't know the specifics of the WM upgrade you bought but I'd bet you could tie into the existing vent lines and save drilling holes pretty easily.

As well, something to think about, if you are adding a considerable amount of weight over stock with this upgrade, say, +750-1000 lbs, or you have more than 5-6 large adults on the boat or any combination of the two, a propeller with a pitch of 16.5 may not be enough to get you upto the standard speed/pitch values that most on here would say makes a good wave with enough push for adults.
    Do you mean from a speed perspective? The 16.5 seems to get me to about 13mph max speed with full throttle and full ballast and a medium size crew. I’m usually surfing around 11 - 11.5 depending on the weight of the rider. I was thinking about trying a 15 this summer through.

2022 Makai 400
    Chilltech