Default Docking Lights Leaking

2016 SA400 - did some surfing this weekend and noticed wet carpet in the bow after we got done. Appears to be coming from the starboard docking light. I was going to reseal it so I removed the nuts on the inside but the light would not budge. I was afraid to put too much force into it for fear of breaking something but am I missing something? I don’t see anything on the outside that would be keeping it from coming out.
    Bc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2016 Supra SA 400

I have resealed ours. Pull the carpet, remove the light, 5200 to seal it, spray adhesive for the carpet to put back down. These lights end up riding down in the water quite a bit.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I have resealed ours. Pull the carpet, remove the light, 5200 to seal it, spray adhesive for the carpet to put back down. These lights end up riding down in the water quite a bit.
    Is there something other than the studs/nuts that hold the light in? I was thinking the light would pop off after removing all the nuts but it would not budge.

2016 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Jmm137 View Post
    Is there something other than the studs/nuts that hold the light in? I was thinking the light would pop off after removing all the nuts but it would not budge.

It has sealant on it, I tapped the nuts on the back side with a hammer, remove the carpet as well, will make it easier. I may have used a small flathead as well to break up the sealant, it has been a couple years.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    It has sealant on it, I tapped the nuts on the back side with a hammer, remove the carpet as well, will make it easier. I may have used a small flathead as well to break up the sealant, it has been a couple years.
    I will give that a shot, I did not try the hammer. Thank you very much for the input!!

2016 Supra SA 400

Quote Originally Posted by Jmm137 View Post
    I will give that a shot, I did not try the hammer. Thank you very much for the input!!

leave the nut partially on so it doesnt fly off and pull on the wires and so that if the threads get tweaked, it cleans them up
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    leave the nut partially on so it doesnt fly off and pull on the wires and so that if the threads get tweaked, it cleans them up
    Makes sense, that would make it easier so I don’t need someone outside to catch the light.

2016 Supra SA 400

Update: Pulled the leaking docking light off shortly after the last post, I was surprised to see it is designed for water to come in around the LED’s and then drain out of the bottom of the aluminum housing, the lights are not sealed in the bracket.

Pulled the housing out, cleaned everything up and the only spot leaking was where the wires come through the hull. I did not see any sealant present from the factory on the hole for the wires or the mounting studs. Sealed the wiring hole with 5200, let it cure for a week and next time out everything was dry and no more water. Towed the boat 8 hours to Dale Hollow, ran it all week and it seemed my problem was fixed. Towed it back home, took it out this weekend and now both are leaking. Looks like I’ll be redoing them again at the end of the season.

2016 Supra SA 400