Threaded View

Default spent the day on a '22 SL

spent last weekend in my old hometown Boise Idaho to see family and burn some vaca days. long story but back in the '70's we had a family member that owned a lake house on payette lake in McCall. it's where most of our family grew up in the summer time. lots of great memories there. cabin was sold in the late80's and gone. in around 2016 it came up for sale and cousin's family bought it and so it's back in the family. he invited me up for a day on the water to see the old place and check out his SL. WHAT A GREAT DAY.....
    was cool to see the cabin. 1bed/1bath around 6 or 700sqft. perfect size for a weekend getaway as you don't need all the comforts of home to enjoy "lake life". only 5ft from the edge of the deck to the water. the house next door was owned by a super nice older guy. it was quite a bit bigger than the family place growing up, maybe 1800sqft set back and great views. as most of the world is nowadays, the cabin next door was leveled and rebuilt with an 11,500+/- sqft 3 story that is just plain silly. makes a good marker to see when returning from the marina tho......

now the boat. I have to say the interior was absolutely the nicest vinyl I have ever sat on. I didn't drive so can't say much about the electronics but cousin commented that he preferred the tige GO system as it's much simpler and more user friendly but the supra system wasn't bad. I can understand as watching over his shoulder the supra system would have taken a lot more talking to get me used to it than the single tige screen. the 550 was an absolute beast in the water. boat never even thought about pulling a rider up. taking chop it was the smoothest ride I have been on going over other boats' surf waves. just kinda floated over them.
    for a pretty much factory stock wave, I was extremely impressed. regular side was steep and had a ton of push for my 215lb fat arse. never had to struggle to keep up with it. could have been a tad longer and I know if he tinkered with it he would find another 5ft but it's not like it was only a 10ft wave. overall a great surf wave for an out of the box boat... didn't get any pics of the regular side but did of him riding the goofy side.
    overall a great day full of memories and an AWESOME experience on a '22 supra. such a nice boat the guys in the castle next door had a '22 SL and a mastercraft and saw the SL on the water more than the MC.
    Made me go buy a lottery ticket saturday afternoon but I'm back at work on monday so we know how that went

Last edited by sandm; 08-09-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten