Default Comparison of two wave setups

Pretty neat comparison of two different waves on my Max, using the same amount of ballast, same 11.4 speed but distributed differently, and using different plate settings.

The left view (previous wave) is superimposed over the right view (latest wave) to show how much longer the wave is and to compare shapes. Camera lens settings are the same as it where I had the came shoved in my life jacket. I made sure to line up the boat in both images so that this is accurate.

Direct image link https://i.imgur.com/E2Fdk75.jpg

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Hak,

So all my settings got erased last week after a reflash, is your boat autowake? I am trying to determine setting for mine. I had surf tab at 60 and have not messed with the centerplate, i usually leave it to the middle. If I deploy it down it that a higher % or a lower %? This is what confuses me most.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I have Autowake but I don’t use it.

If you want to lengthen the wave you can add more center plate or add speed or a combo of both. For my boat I didn’t like the feeling of the wave with more than 15% center plate and the weight more rear biased. It felt softer. Last weekend I redistributed the extra weight towards the bow to be more balanced overall. I added more center plate because the wave had more power (from more hull surface being pushed into the water) and I was able to achieve a much more desired long, smooth and strong wave, even for a big guy like myself. My previous wave setup was much taller and steep but also less forgiving because the pocket was smaller and sweet spot of push/power was less.

I’m going to play around with this more balanced / front biased setup for a few more outings and see how far I can tweak it with the ballast I have to play with. For me this is the fun part of these boats is playing around with setups and being able to change it up so drastically.

Adding more plate in the water effectively acts as a lift device in addition to more running surface, so there are limitations to going with too much plate as it can have negative results depending on the amount of ballast and where it’s positioned. No way I could get away with running 75 or even up to 90 surf plate without having the extra ballast in the bow or else the wave would have this horrible shape and scar on it. See the pics below for what I mean by the scare and poor wave shape definition when I had the surf plate at 75 but this was with a more rear biased weight distribution.

Last edited by haknslash; 08-08-2022 at 09:16 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

HAK, you are becoming a "Wavologist"! LOL! I like what your doing!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Noticed that on social media yesterday. Cool pics and compare.
    2018 Supra SL400

hak, you have some computer skills for sure...

love the pics of the angry sky behind you as you surf.... that's a pretty nice pic....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Great work posting this Hak! Always enjoy reading your take on things.

This year I've found my sweet spot at 10 deg pitch, -1.5 roll, 45 stbd plate, WP 0, 11mph (regular rider). For goofy I swap to 5 roll, 55 port plate and WP 15. My main issue is channeling all that chop off in the opposite direction of the surfer. I want as clean a wave face as I can get. I haven't played with it too much but these settings worked for me.

2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods