Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Where’s he at with that SL. What’s he want for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    believe it sold as he talked about taking a 100k deposit earlier this week but that said... fully loaded SL including the 550 motor/full jl/thrusters and the such. 60ish hours with all service done. iirc msrp was 228k and I believe he was looking for 190k. only thing not upgraded were the trailer tires. they are 15" dual axle. didn't see the need to do 18's.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    believe it sold as he talked about taking a 100k deposit earlier this week but that said... fully loaded SL including the 550 motor/full jl/thrusters and the such. 60ish hours with all service done. iirc msrp was 228k and I believe he was looking for 190k. only thing not upgraded were the trailer tires. they are 15" dual axle. didn't see the need to do 18's.
    Considering the 23SL base price is $186k, that a hellagood deal.

What’s he getting next?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Considering the 23SL base price is $186k, that a hellagood deal.

What’s he getting next?
    ya, someone is getting a good deal. it was a very nice boat. not sure what he's thinking next. he's had an r23, a 23zx and SL in the last 3 years and he said he enjoyed the price and overall value of the r23. the 23zx wave was crap so I know he's not heading back to a "premium" tige. the tige GO software is MUCH easier to use and run than supras so I would not be surprised to see him back in a year old r23. I told him to check out the mojo but they sat in a few 2021 moombas and were uninspired-why they landed in a supra.

I’ve got a build sheet for a 2023 Max that I’ve got a build slot on, moderately optioned for 113k out the door with tax. It also has stipulations all over saying they reserve the right to jack the price up further however they see fit up until the point I take delivery..

That’s what’s going to make it okay to sell a few year old boat for more than ya paid for her hahaha
    2023 Moomba Max
    2005 Moomba Outback (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by NedFlanders13 View Post
    That’s what’s going to make it okay to sell a few year old boat for more than ya paid for her hahaha
    it's been going on since mid2020 but my crystal ball says these increases are not sustainable and I bet the days of "boat flipping" are coming to an end by mid2023.
    those that buy 2023's and expect to sell end of next year for more/equal to what they paid MIGHT be in for a surprise.
    could be wrong and been wrong lots before but continued year over year increases are not sustainable.

it's been going on since mid2020 but my crystal ball says these increases are not sustainable and I bet the days of "boat flipping" are coming to an end by mid2023.
    those that buy 2023's and expect to sell end of next year for more/equal to what they paid MIGHT be in for a surprise.
    could be wrong and been wrong lots before but continued year over year increases are not sustainable.
    I’d tend to agree with you, but the prices on wake boats have pretty much tripled since 2006. The people who bought and buried themselves in 06-07 took a bath for about 5 years into 2012.
    However, pretty much anyone who has bought a wakeboat since 2012-2013, if they bought right. Have not lost. If we have another 2008 crash, I’d agree with you. But I think that’s about the only way.
    Go back and read threads from 2016-2017 when people were astounded that a new Supra was $98k, and they couldn’t see it sustaining lol

Also, those who held who were not buried in 06-08, also on top.
    If you have holding power, or buy right. You most likely will not lose

Agreed- At some point soon someone will be left holding the bag…rapidly rising prices and interest rates will tame the market soon. $113k for a boat I paid $78 OTD a year and a half ago is insane. Hard to comprehend..
    2021 Moomba Max

I bought my Moomba during a recession at the end of 2001 and sold it in 2017 for what I paid for it. I bought my Winnebago motor home during the recession in 2009 for half of the MSRP and sold it earlier this year to close to the purchase price. In 2010, I bought a 2007 Jeep Wrangler with 17,000 miles for $13,900 and I still have it. Buying during a recession works well as long as you don't have anything to sell. I think the higher interest rates and the inflated prices will slow the market. Be prepared to jump on a deal. My best success was in Portland where I bought the boat in 2001 and the motor home in 2009 in January of those years. I bought from dealers as owners were asking too much to cover their loans. Buying new was also difficult as dealers couldn't discount as much.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD