Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fenders what do you use

What style fenders do you use and why.

We are getting our first boat and I was leaning towards the Babz. As I believe you deflate them to store so they take up less space and they look like they would protect better than the mission style. The traditional fenders look like they would take up the most space in the boat when not in use.

We trailer to the lake right now so I only keep a couple regular boat bumpers on the boat. We did spend a week at the lake and I left the boat in the water ties to the dock. I used the Lets tie up brand balls and really liked them. I did not tie up to other boats with them. They are fairly quick to inflate just a couple minutes and they deflated in about a minute or so. They fold down flat for storage. I bought a package for about 175. Looks like the prices are similar to babz. I also got a pump, bag, and four dock lines. They have a 10% discount code 'summer10' right now.

I have the missions for docking. I rely on my buddies massive bumpers for tying off to chill.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I have 4 of the traditional fenders I keep in my boat. They do take up a fair amount of room, but the Makai I have has a lot if storage. I'm not really sure why I have 4 either! I really only need 2 at any of the places I dock when the boat is not in my lift.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Let's Tie Up.

I have the Bertha bundle for my Mojo. Perfect for the week at Norris and we use them to tie up at the local lake. Best part is tie up to a pontoon and no issues. The bugees are the best part. The Bertha balls are sometimes too large.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I love the blow up ones like Babz. They only take a few seconds to blow up and when done you deflate them and they don't take up any room at all. My kids got me some of the Mission ones and they are good but they take up a lot of room.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

We use Babz. Keep 3 of them about 90% full of air and they fit in my helm locker right on top of the sub box on our Makai. Keep a few standard bumpers in the front bow as well just incase we tie up to an odd shaped hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

I use the large fender balls as well. They work so great no matter the dock or boat you’re tying up to that I’ll never go back to traditional style and don’t see myself moving to any other newer fender style out there. I inflate them at the beginning of the season and deflate at winterization.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Y'all that use the ball style fenders. Do you free float the fender on your dock line or secure it to the boat with a bungie or line?

I secure the inflatable to the boat and bungee the boat to the dock or another boat.

This way my boat is always protected and not just attached to the dock.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow