Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    How does the boat run with the 400 in it? Did you get the 16x13.9” prop?
    So far it has run really well. I really went back and forth with the dealer and he assured me at my elevation I should be fine with the 400. I was going to do the break in as prescribed by the manual, but the dealer said you can surf it right away and just avoid full ballast wakeboarding and WOT. We are up to 14.7 hours and have made sure to vary the RPM and keep it under 4000 RPM. We did surf with the dealer during delivery with three in the boat and full ballast. There was no issue there. We wakeboard 90% or more of the time. I wont need full ballast wakeboarding (I am not very good).

I'll update as I use more and wakeboard with bigger crews and ballast.

The prop is Acme 3591, 16x13.9 according to the build sheet.

A couple from the balloon regata

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

I have had some amazing highs this year, learning to foi,l going ropeless with foil first 360 etc,but none of that touches what I experienced today. Both of my kids and my wife learned to surf today! My 7 year old got it first this morning after working with him yesterday in the water he flipped that board up and took off and immediately was tellin me to crank up his tunes! I was so stoked for him! Then my 9 year old got out and I was hoping he would get up too so he wouldnt be outdone by his little brother and sure enough he popped right up and took off! I felt like my brain was gonna explode from all the excitement for them! I absolutely could not believe the progression from what I had been dealing with the day before. So next we filled the ballasts and my wife got out there. She has been trying to learn over our last few trips out but has not beenvquite sucessful. Well she struggled a few times before getting up and outside the wake and doing amazing! And shes on a skim style board with a 3/4 in fin so there is not stability at all! I am so proud of all of them!

2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

That’s awesome! Great day for sure. Congrats on the success! Great to see kids learning tow sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Mxmark4, that’s so cool that they are all out there enjoying the boat and figuring out the technique for surfing. Next they are going to be fighting over whose turn it is behind the boat.

We went out this morning just to cruise and swim. I love the bow on the SL. We flip the walkthrough air dam/seat back up to keep our 22 month old daughter from running up in the bow.

I love the ultra blue in the sun. The light graphite interior looked darker on the build and I was a little bummed at first, but it looks great and matches the light graphite gel color!

2023 SL400

previous - 2000 SAN210

Mxmark4: I totally get how excited you are about your family learning and loving the lake life with you! I hope that you get to enjoy many more seasons and years to come with them!

Mgswake: beautiful boat bro! I think that flip up seat back/wind blocker in the bow of the SL is the best new innovation I have seen in years. Love it
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I really like the walkthru on that boat. It looks a little more ergonomic for the "stepping ". The walkthru on my Makai is sort of high.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

MxMark, that is what it's all about! Makes the boat purchase worth every penny. It won't be too much longer and they will be wanting to bring all their friends along too!

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Mxmark4, that’s so cool that they are all out there enjoying the boat and figuring out the technique for surfing. Next they are going to be fighting over whose turn it is behind the boat.

We went out this morning just to cruise and swim. I love the bow on the SL. We flip the walkthrough air dam/seat back up to keep our 22 month old daughter from running up in the bow.

I love the ultra blue in the sun. The light graphite interior looked darker on the build and I was a little bummed at first, but it looks great and matches the light graphite gel color!

Have you noticed these gaps while moving around the cockpit?

I read about some ankles getting in that area. It was one of the first things I noticed when playing around with the newer flip up seat. Or I should say my tailbone noticed it first.

Someone on social media had an upholstery shop make a set of little cushions to fill those gaps.

2018 Supra SL400

Ah....that is pretty big I must say. Compared to the sliding seat on my 21' Makai, that's huge. I see it is to allow for the hinge mechanism vs a removable back rest like Moomba has, but a little more designing could have maybe avoided that much gap.

You know upon further thought, you should not take a chance on letting that hurt you. So I will go out on a limb here and risk my safety by trading you my boat for yours. I will not even try to get you to pay me any extra money for that safety issue! LOL! just let me know!

2021 Moomba Makai