So our year here in Austin since relocating is coming to a close. My wife’s contract is up, and she can’t renew for 3 months.

While here we’ve learned that most of her family are grifters and offer us nothing valuable as far as relationships.

My intolerance to humidity has lowered my threshold for heat illness, so I’m essentially trapped in air conditioned environments May - October, which has really stifled our boating and what limited amount of outdoor activities are available here. This has affected my physical health significantly. Before we moved from NV, I was hiking 3-4 days a week 3-6 miles per day. Now, I rarely leave our yard.

We need help identifying some spots where we could move to. My wife’s wants are somewhere it doesn’t get horribly cold (70 degrees is cold to her) and to look out over a body of water. I need less humidity. I can handle Vegas hot because it’s dry, but anything over 35% and 80F and I’m done. I also need quick access to public land for hiking, biking, etc.

I’ve been all over the west, and the only places that might meet both our needs is from the Mendocino coast north to Peugeot Sound. Don’t really want to have to pay California or Oregon income tax, so our choices are limited. I’d like to keep our SA, but it’s not looking favorable.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look that meets the criteria and has homes under 600k?

2022 SA 450