Default Boatmate trailer axle issues 2019 craz trailer

Buddy of mine has had a wheel bearing failed each year he has owned his craz. First time he replaced the. Ault unit on his own dime Sept 2020. July 2021 same axle but other side failed 5 miles from Norris (he lives in Ohio). He left the boat, boatmate sent a tech to change the axle on site and he picked it up the following week.

This time 20 miles from home other axle (not the newer one) wheel hub failed. Tire came off, and passed the truck at 70mph on the highway, crossed oncoming traffic and landed in a field. He has tried to contact boatmate and no response. The last time customer service was top notch, this time not sure what is going on.

Before you all say it, these are vault bearings and no way to grease without disassembly. Also, 3 separate failures between the 4 hubs. 75% failure rate seems high to me. Any thoughts? Trailer should still be under warranty.
    IMG9599511.jpg
    IMG9599521.jpg
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Anybody have any similar issues?

Boatmate get a bad batch of axles in 2019?
    Should vault bearings be serviced even though the whole point is to be "maintenance free"?

Just curious because I suggest he just grabs a new dexter axle and throws in on so the season isn't a waste.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have a 2019 trailer and my vault bearings failed too. Driving down the road and smoke was billowing from the hub.

The closest dealership near where the failure happened replaced it with a grease axle.

Fortunately after much followup and about 6 weeks without the boat I did get it warranted through boatmate but I still have one axle with the vault bearings and it makes me nervous. I bought a temp gun to check it periodically not that it gives you any warning.

I think once it fails the oil is gone.

I would definetely continue to reach out to boatmate. I would imagine they are crazy busy so you just have to catch them at the right time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max