Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GW@vineyardlake View Post
    What is your weight set up? I've experimented with two wakeshapers (have two Swell shapers; I can't believe the Maverick could be that different/better), but I still think I get a better wave using one.
    I had a nauticurl that was just about useless on my ‘13 Supra.
    I went with the wakesurf mega from liquid force. What a difference! The thing is huge. It displaces a lot of water.
    I was able to get a much better wave, and drop 1k lb of ballast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    I had a nauticurl that was just about useless on my ‘13 Supra.
    I went with the wakesurf mega from liquid force. What a difference! The thing is huge. It displaces a lot of water.
    I was able to get a much better wave, and drop 1k lb of ballast.

Interesting, cause I went from a home made suck-gate to the nauticurl slim and I love it. Since adding that and a 1000 lbs of lead, I am extremely happy with my wave. Makes me wonder about about trying other gates.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

For me on a direct drive there is nothing better Than maverick. I’m running 600 pounds of ballast with a great wave everyone can surf. I’m actually under the capacity plate by 300 pounds or so. Insane. I used to run about 2100 pounds of ballast w mission

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Default Surf Mode Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    Interesting, cause I went from a home made suck-gate to the nauticurl slim and I love it. Since adding that and a 1000 lbs of lead, I am extremely happy with my wave. Makes me wonder about about trying other gates.
    I think a lot of finding the right gate has to do with hull design/lines and the contact patch of what that gate is actually displacing. Also with wave height/length/force.
    With the nauticurl it was not displacing enough volume, to where my wave was still converging about 3-4ft behind the swim deck.
    This is with a 24ft boat with 3k lb of ballast and 500lb of lead.
    Going to the wakesurf mega, it’s larger than a cutting board, smaller than a door mat. Massive contact area. It displaces so much water, that when on the right side of the boat, set up for regular, you actually have to counter steer the boat. But not for goofy, I’m assuming that has to do with prop rotation?

I will add the regular wave was always good, but I could not get the goofy wave to clean up. A larger gate did the trick.

I have a basically brand new nauticurl, 3 suction cup model If anyone is looking for one.

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post

I have a basically brand new nauticurl, 3 suction cup model If anyone is looking for one.
    I may have one for sale soon as well.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Bryan from surf mode was great until I tried to return my purchase. He told me I could have until June 30 to try out surf mode and if I didn’t like it, return it for a refund. We could not get it to make a significant improvement on our 2008 Moomba Mobius LS so I returned the product. He received it on 5 July. I have sent him emails, text and voice mail, he is ghosting me. Very rude in my book. Just be careful because if things don’t go his way he seems to be disingenuous.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS