Default Ran over something this weekend

So I ran over something this weekend while pulling a surfer, slow speeds, plowing water, 3 distinct thuds on the boat. Engine never cut out, did not result in any significant vibrations, but I feel like things were different after the impact, little more noise in gear, maybe a very small amount of vibration (or it could just be in my head). Got the boat out of the water, no damage to the prop/shaft. The prop was new before the trip due to wanting more out of the hole power. No obvious signs of damage on the underside of the boat. Spun the prop/shaft and no obvious visual signs of alignment issues while spinning by hand. I confirmed that the prop/shaft/strut is offset from the rudder on this boat, but from the pics I took and the closer inspection last night, I feel like the strut may be bent? There is also a small area behind the strut where the shaft is really shiny, almost like it used to be spinning inside the strut but now isn't. IMG_20220718_200356483.jpgIs it really possible that something floating could hit the strut and bend it without impacting/damaging the prop? What would your next step be? I am tempted to just roll with it unless I feel excessive vibrations, but feel like I should get the alignment checked or have someone look at it to make sure I don't mess anything up? I had an I/O for 10 years before this boat, but this is only my second year with the inboardIMG_20220718_201027353.jpg
    2006 Moomba Mobius XLV w/ Gravity III Ballast
    Upgraded Gravity III Ballast 2022

On your vdrive there is a coupler that mounts the prop shaft to the transmission. Check if the 4 bolts are tight on the coupler.

The only way that shaft moves if the lock nut at the end of the prop shaft is loose. Mine was not tight on my mojo but being a lock nut still took a tool to remove in. I wonder if yours was loose and the hit just pulled in out slightly. All this should be done at the vdrive.
    Check motor mounts also. Should be able to tell if they shifted. I doubt you hit that hard though if nothing is visibly bent.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Prop damage is not always visible. Mine have been bent enough to cause minor vibrations but not visible to the naked eye. Quick trip to OJ ( 20 minutes from the house ) 100 bucks or so and Im back in business.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

The shiny section on the shaft does seem a bit strange. I would look the coupling over really hard to see if it appears there is any play there. I take it you can't notice any back and forth sliding play.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks for the responses, I looked at coupling and it is tight all the way around. I did not take the coupling off and check the lock nut yet, I will try that tonight. I might also take the prop off and have it checked at the local prop shop just to be sure. I know looking at the pictures is difficult, but it just really looks like the strut is bent laterally to the port side. I assume that even though the strut and rudder are supposed to be offset, the strut is supposed to be perpendicular to the mounting plate on the bottom of the boat.

Thanks again for all the response, I'll look things over in a little more detail after work tonight.
    2006 Moomba Mobius XLV w/ Gravity III Ballast
    Upgraded Gravity III Ballast 2022

Shouldn't have to remove the coupler to get to the lock nut for the prop shaft.

The shaft slides through the vdrive and the couple is a tapered fit with key way. The nut on the end keeps it all tight. I assume yours was slightly loose and the debris made is slide out. If you can push back into the boat at the prop, you should see the lock nut loose and can tighten it.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I’m going to look tonight at my strut. I think it is offset a little. I know mine is good as I hit an underwater cable a few years ago and had to replace all the running gear. As stated above hard to see in pics but will report back what I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Also agree w hfarr that shaft does look like there might be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland