Default Need advice for better wave on 2012 moomba outback v

I bought a 2012 Moomba Outback V Drive and we are using a Mission Delta and factory ballast in front and back. My daughter is doing great but I cannot seem to catch the push and drop the rope. How can I create a wave that a 190 lb person can surf?

more weight. don't recall factory sacs on the v but our old supra was similar hull. it was 400 in each corner and 400 in the center locker. wave was not even close to being "surfable". we buried the rubrail listing it but with a delta, I'd have already added 4-600ish in each rear corner and a couple hundred up front.

all my .02 but surfing takes weight for adults and most will say factory ballast on most any boat, even new today, are requiring some level of upgrade.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Here is a thread on setups for the outback.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Have you thought about the upgrade wakemakers has for the V? Looks like you can easily upgrade from the 400# bags in the back to 610 on each side. That should help.

I upgraded mine this spring and went from the 400#'s to 1100#s on each side. I rarely fill them up all the way, but its a world of difference.
    2008 XLV Gravity Games edition

Quote Originally Posted by new2moomba View Post
    I bought a 2012 Moomba Outback V Drive and we are using a Mission Delta and factory ballast in front and back. My daughter is doing great but I cannot seem to catch the push and drop the rope. How can I create a wave that a 190 lb person can surf?
    Sorry, I somehow missed this post earlier....

I have a '13 OBV and have been able to get a pretty decent wave out of it for only a 20' boat. I got the 900# sacks for the rear lockers - they are a bit big and don't completely fill up but they take advantage of every available inch. I also got the bow bag that is supposed to fill to 650# but I'm guessing we only get 400-500# -- again it fills the space as much as possible to go with the center 400# sac that was stock. I haven't tried any lead but that might help as well.

My two kids (son weighs in at 175) and my wife can surf with no rope at all and I'm getting better each year that it can even handle my 245 lbs on most days with only 2-3 peeps in the boat. Every once and a while we get a bigger crew (4-6 people) and the wave is great! I also have the Mission Delta that works well, though I think any brand of the surf gate works fine as long as it handles that off-surfside wake.

The wave is never very long (probably because I really need more weight in the bow) but the size is pretty good with pretty good push for a 20' boat.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...