Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Okay, I either need someone to talk me off or over the ledge. I'm super close to moving to an SL build slot over my current SA. Thought is, kids are getting bigger, so are their friends, why not just get the bigger boat now instead of 2-3 years down the road.

Obviously, it cost more - I'm just south of Charlotte, NC, around 4-500ft elevation. Is the 450 needed if I plan on running with a decent size crew from time to time - would primarily surf and not wakeboard. If not, decision is easy for me. I honestly prefer the way the SA looks over the SL, I do like the interior design of the SL slightly better, along with the extra ft of length.

Opinions and advice are welcomed!

Thanks
    - George

2023 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by gpippin08 View Post
    Okay, I either need someone to talk me off or over the ledge. I'm super close to moving to an SL build slot over my current SA. Thought is, kids are getting bigger, so are their friends, why not just get the bigger boat now instead of 2-3 years down the road.

Obviously, it cost more - I'm just south of Charlotte, NC, around 4-500ft elevation. Is the 450 needed if I plan on running with a decent size crew from time to time - would primarily surf and not wakeboard. If not, decision is easy for me. I honestly prefer the way the SA looks over the SL, I do like the interior design of the SL slightly better, along with the extra ft of length.

Opinions and advice are welcomed!

Thanks
    Never regretted getting a bigger boat or a bigger motor. I actually prefer the look of the SL over the SA. I like lines and the gel layout better not to mention you get all the new updated interior options.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

SL!
    After having a 24ft boat, I could never go back to 22. When we purchased our current boat, 22’s we’re not even on the list. 23ft minimum.
    The price difference from SA to SL at that point is negligible.
    No one ever regretted getting a bigger boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I’m gonna do it, don’t want to wish we had the extra space a few years from now.

Thanks guys, will post updated pics after speaking with the Dealer, might play with the SL gel lines some.

- George

2023 Supra SL450

SL all day only because 2024 will be the next Gen SA.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Went ahead and moved the build slot for an SL with the 450 in November instead of January. Thanks again for the input!

- George

2023 Supra SL450

FTR, at your elevation you don’t need the 450 in the SL.

I have run 11k pound weight at 10 deg pitch with the 400 at 1000 feet and with the 16x13.9 prop no problem.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

You can save some bucks on a 400 instead of the 450. I have a 24.5' Makai and 4700 lbs of water ballast with 10 or 12 people in the boat and Still surf easily with a 15.5x15 prop in Georgia. More power is always nice, but if you want to save several grand, you don't need it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Yeah especially because the price of the engine upgrade has went up again for 2023… November build so I still have some time to think on it - if it wasn’t for the ballast increase in the SL I would for sure just go with the 400.

- George

2023 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by gpippin08 View Post
    Yeah especially because the price of the engine upgrade has went up again for 2023… November build so I still have some time to think on it - if it wasn’t for the ballast increase in the SL I would for sure just go with the 400.

I run 4200 ballast/lead combo in SA, effectively 100# more than SL with stock ballast.

400/1.7 is stout, $10k is a lot for 46 ft.lbs

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan