Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

That’s the biggest thing, if it gave me maybe 100tq increase, I would do it. I’m having a hard time justifying 10-11k for 48tq increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - George

2023 Supra SL450

Hey gpippin08. I am on Lake Wylie and run a 21 Mojo with 400 with 1k lead and a good sized crew and the boat pulls no problem. I know the Mojo is lighter but with the 1k lead its pretty close. Interested in what you got quoted from STWS as I was in the market this year for a SL but with the price increases I am thinking to keep what I got.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
    Hey gpippin08. I am on Lake Wylie and run a 21 Mojo with 400 with 1k lead and a good sized crew and the boat pulls no problem. I know the Mojo is lighter but with the 1k lead its pretty close. Interested in what you got quoted from STWS as I was in the market this year for a SL but with the price increases I am thinking to keep what I got.
    Hey, I am actually going up to STWS today to speak with Greg, I’ll let you know where we end up. Good to know you’re on the same lake as me and aren’t having any issues with the additional weight. We’ll probably end up being 80-90% Surf, with the rest wakeboarding. Am I right in thinking that the extra power benefits wakeboarding more than surfing being it’s higher speeds, or do I have that wrong?

- George

2023 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by gpippin08 View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the extra power benefits wakeboarding more than surfing being it’s higher speeds, or do I have that wrong?

Yes I believe you are correct. Most of the additional torque of the 450 motor is at a higher RPM range than you will use for surfing. According to CARB, peak torque of the 400 motor is at 3750 RPM, peak torque of the 450 motor is at 4550 RPM. I would be surprised if there is a big difference in the powerband below 3750 RPM. The extra power of the 450 will be more helpful getting you onto plane for wakeboarding with lots of ballast than it will for surfing. My motto is if it won't surf with the 400, it won't surf with the 450 either.
    2022 Supra SL550 (current)
    2019 Adonia (75' houseboat at Lake Powell - current)
    2021 Tige Z3 (past)
    2020 SL400 (past)
    Idaho

Default 2023 Supra SA400 Build submitted

Quote Originally Posted by gpippin08 View Post
    I think it’s the base for the SE, I believe the SL has had the ability to run the 400

You are correct.
    I was thinking SE.

Is there no way to call up PPEI and tune the 6.2’s in these boats? They tune them in trucks..

Last edited by j.mo; 07-27-2022 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    Is there no way to call up PPEI and tune the 6.2’s in these boats? They tune them in trucks..
    iirc ecu is proprietary to indmar and they don't unlock.
    there has been some debate over the years on the difference in the 400 and 440 only being software programming and the crazy high price the upgrade used to cost for nothing but a flash. the 460 that I remember reading in the past actually has some different pieces/parts.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

450/460 have Gt350 intake manifold and 87mm throttle body.

You can’t tune the Indmar ECM.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Ended up going 450 after working some more off of the boat. 400 would have been sufficient for most of what we do, mainly going 450 for peace of mind with bigger crews and the extra discount I got made it worth it. Builder is down but will post pics of the new build once it’s back up. Thanks again for all the input.

Also, base msrp price difference from SA to SL this year is about 7k - essentially doubled this year.

- George

2023 Supra SL450

SL450 came in last night. Will update with more pictures when I can get up there

- George

2023 Supra SL450

Sweet! That was right on schedule too! Definitely post pictures!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub