Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swim platform covers

I reached out to both Evolution and Josh Nance about each cover they make. Can anyone with either of their covers post some pics? The pics Corey at Evolution sent me looks like the material is a shiny vinyl but it’s hard to tell. I like the one Josh makes as it looks to match the factory cover and he said it’s made of Sunbrella material. Just looking for some better pics to compare the two. Both are $165
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Evolution cover, fits like a glove and is pretty durable. Holds up to shoes/flip flops when loading the boat with gear.

The shiny vinyl is easier to wipe down and clean for something likely to get stepped on.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

hard to beat evolution. their reputation and customer service seem to be top of the pack.

if I was in the market for any type of cover would call them first. I spoke to corey for almost 30 minutes on the full tower down cover for my current boat and appreciated his honesty in choosing not to take me on as a customer. most would be chasing the almighty buck and sent out what could have been an inferior product but he said no boat here = no cover. I appreciated that.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Evolution cover, fits like a glove and is pretty durable. Holds up to shoes/flip flops when loading the boat with gear.

The shiny vinyl is easier to wipe down and clean for something likely to get stepped on.

Can you travel with this cover on? Or is it just for when it's on the trailer?
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    Can you travel with this cover on? Or is it just for when it's on the trailer?
    I've traveled with it, no issues. It has an elastic lip all the way around underneath the platform.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Thanks for the pics!

I was hoping the Evolution would have straps. I believe Josh makes his with straps which makes me feel a little better about towing or strong winds. How strong is the elastic? We trailer everywhere and I try to keep it below 65 mph.

I’d love to get an a Evolution cover for the boat but I’ve been in touch with Cory off and on and he is still waiting to make a template for the 2019 Max and I have no idea how long it will be until he has one. You wouldn’t think there would be a big difference from the 2018 Max vs the 2019 but I guess the different tower makes it not work.
    Last edited by haknslash; 06-14-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

So decided to get Josh to make me a cover. Going with gray to match the oem cover. Thinking of having him add some blue stitching thread for contrast and since I have blue welt inside it seems like it would all tie in nicely. It isn’t exactly the same color as ultra blue but I don’t think many would even notice. Thoughts?

Here’s the standard thread color he uses for comparison...

2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Use the blue thread. A nice touch!
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

I'm thinking so as well. A bit different from others but not too much as it would be if going with an all blue cover, which I don't think would match the ultra blue and be too much blue you'd be able to tell the difference easy at a glance. Adding just a little bit of blue never hurt no one
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I went with Josh and he did an excellent job with mine. I just had mine made in the standard grey since my boat is mostly black. I bought a black on on Amazon that fits too, but the platform got pretty hot anytime the sun hit it under my lift canopy.
    2019 Mondo