Default Occasional wave problem

From time to time I have noticed towards the end of a session the wave will get very white washed. I noticed last night that the port side bag was half empty which I assume was what was causing it. I do set the boat up with more weight on the port side it seems to give us the best wake. It seems as if the autowake system is engaging and emptying that port bag but I don’t think autowake was on. The only other thing I can think of is that the bag is leaking but it didn’t look like it I didn’t see a lot of water in the compartment.
    Last edited by Bch53211; 07-08-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Depending on your set up, Hak and I havve had this discussion.......our bags will loose some water through the overfill over a period of time from sloshing around, stopping, going, and turning etc. We use our platform as our guide to the weight. Ours is about 4-6" below water grade. I fill it up a little when I think its getting a little lighter in the rear. Not sure if other people experience this, but I have tried numerous over flow set up to try and combat it, with no no luck
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

I hit the “fill all” switch several times while out in the lake after filling up.

I don’t consider our ballast systems as set it and forget it since as he mentioned, the bags can lose some water from movement etc. Especially after the first few sets as the final air bubbles escape.

Just hit your switches every so often and you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. What’s odd is that it seems to be just the portside bag that loses water. Makes me wonder if somehow the autowake system is taking over despite not being on. I keep my boat set up biased to the port side so it seems like the system is trying to balance the boat out.

same with me....port side looses more, but am more biased on its side. Lower into the water and the angle its at with the role, I think tends to make more slosh out. Also, if auto wake is coming on, you should hear it. Maybe not while your running, but before you throttle. Just some thoughts. I just keep a eye on my platform depth under water and fill here and there to keep it about 4" under. Again, just some thoughts
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

After I do 3 or 4 surf runs I always have my wife flip the switches just to keep the bags topped off. When she turns around. I have her turn opposite of surf wave roller which means when boat is turning it’s going opposite of my biased surf side, so naturally some water will slosh out, especially with big rollers. The water loss for us all depends how hard she takes them in terms of boat rocking and sloshing. If we used Autowake I guess in theory it would cycle the pumps on/off to keep the same amount to hold the pitch and roll values but we don’t use Autowake so have to do it manually.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold