Default Map issue anyone?

I have an intermittent issue where my map screen is unavailable. I took it in at the end of the season last year and told them what was going on and they said they fixed it. Happened again yesterday - I went to zoom out and the map went black. Scrolled to a different screen then the map screen wouldn’t come back up. Turn the boat off, cycled the batteries off, wait 5 minutes, turn everything back on and nothing.

I ended up pulling the usb out of the plug, plug it back in (power off), turn power back on and it works again.

Anyone else experience the same? ‘19 Makai running the older software. I have the new software downloaded but haven’t installed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    I have an intermittent issue where my map screen is unavailable. I took it in at the end of the season last year and told them what was going on and they said they fixed it. Happened again yesterday - I went to zoom out and the map went black. Scrolled to a different screen then the map screen wouldn’t come back up. Turn the boat off, cycled the batteries off, wait 5 minutes, turn everything back on and nothing.

I ended up pulling the usb out of the plug, plug it back in (power off), turn power back on and it works again.

Anyone else experience the same? ‘19 Makai running the older software. I have the new software downloaded but haven’t installed yet.
    Never had this issue (knocks on wood). Did they tell you how they fixed it? Could have just been the USB was loose and the way you fixed it was the same way they did. It is odd how it didn't do it until you scrolled to another screen. Do you ever have any issues with getting it to show your track?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

They didn’t tell me how they fixed it, my purely hypothetical guess is they put a new USB in the plug but again wild ass guess.

It was doing it at the end of last year the same. Sometimes when starting the boat, the map just simply wouldn’t load. The only way to fix it was to unplug the usb and plug it back in.

I have never tried the track feature, but will monkey with it today a bit and report back.

Intermittent problems are the worst!

They didn’t tell me how they fixed it, my purely hypothetical guess is they put a new USB in the plug but again wild ass guess.

It was doing it at the end of last year the same. Sometimes when starting the boat, the map just simply wouldn’t load. The only way to fix it was to unplug the usb and plug it back in.

I have never tried the track feature, but will monkey with it today a bit and report back.

Intermittent problems are the worst!
    You could always load the new software and see if it still give you issues.....lol
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    You could always load the new software and see if it still give you issues.....lol
    That’s my plan…I’m sure it will be fine, but I decided to hold off until after our boating vacation. I wouldn’t have wanted to tell my wife the boat is down the day before our trip because I was tinkering…lol.

I had to reassure her that it would be just fine to put the new bags in just prior to the trip…lol. To be on the safe side, I did bring the old ones just in case!
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Maps worked flawlessly today. We’re back at the house on a 1 hour rain delay…lol.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

That’s my plan…I’m sure it will be fine, but I decided to hold off until after our boating vacation. I wouldn’t have wanted to tell my wife the boat is down the day before our trip because I was tinkering…lol.

I had to reassure her that it would be just fine to put the new bags in just prior to the trip…lol. To be on the safe side, I did bring the old ones just in case!
    Ya that would have been a bummer.

Maps worked flawlessly today. We’re back at the house on a 1 hour rain delay…lol.
    I seriously wonder if it is just the USB getting lose. Do you have it tied up or is it lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans