Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Boat Build and Sound System

Is getting the complete wetsound package worth it on the build? Or leave it out and add it after. Like have an audio company install it after. I am not trying to skimp on money but if I can be more efficient, that would help. I really want it to punch. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?

I realize some folks are going to get upset by this, but 99.9% of people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in sound between a Wetsounds system and a more budget friendly system if they were blindfolded..

We are not big loud stereo kind of folks, but I did recently add a “budget” 5 ch amp and 10” sub box to our Max and it sounds excellent (better than I need)..
    2021 Moomba Max

I would just order it with the boat, especially if you get a summertime build. It’s a hassle to install afterwards and then warranty etc.
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Id agree with the above and just order it from SC and let them install it, one and done. For me it was one less thing to worry about and a lot less people crawling around in your boat and potentially causing damage installing the system after the fact. Doesn't take too much for someone to drop plyers or a knife on vinyl to slice it.
    2021 Makai

That upgraded WS system really rocks harder than the majority of people will ever need. It's worth it in my opinion for simplicity. Now if your passion is stereo systems and you enjoy installing them, then by all means you can do it yourself and I am sure save money while probably having an even better system. Those days have left me long ago however.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I also agree that 99.9 percent, I will even say 99.9999 percent of people couldn't tell what brand speaker sound is coming from if you compared a tuned top of the line systems from each of the big name manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Id agree with the above and just order it from SC and let them install it, one and done. For me it was one less thing to worry about and a lot less people crawling around in your boat and potentially causing damage installing the system after the fact. Doesn't take too much for someone to drop plyers or a knife on vinyl to slice it.
    Agreed here..

For me I enjoy picking out and installing stereo equipment and so it wasn’t an issue. If I didn’t enjoy it, it would be nice to have it all installed from the factory.
    2021 Moomba Max

Get it factory. Had a warranty issue one time and was super easy to get fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Agreed here..

For me I enjoy picking out and installing stereo equipment and so it wasn’t an issue. If I didn’t enjoy it, it would be nice to have it all installed from the factory.
    I like it as well, installed it all myself on the last 2 used boats, along with battery and charger upgrades. The last 2 new boats showed up too close to summer so we wanted them ready to rock soon as we could get them here and on the water. So time might be a factor he might consider as well.
    2021 Makai

I'm the opposite here.
    I didn't order stereos in my 2 new builds. wetsounds makes some good tower speakers in the Icon brands but rev's are crap imo(zips up flamesuit). have heard kicker and they are much more musical than the revs. again all my .02 but the real spend comes in amps. ws are WAY overpriced for what they are and there are hundreds of better options for less coin out there. we bought the basic "deck and 4" option on both new builds and added amps/subs/towers/more inboats after the fact. my 2020 tige I spent just over half on that system compared to tige pricing and got a much more robust system than it would have had from the factory.

that said the guys are correct in that if it's a summer build and you want to use out of the box, are concerned about warranty work on the AUDIO part or are not stereo install inclined, then pay for it. I enjoy installing systems and find it very therapeutic and a level of satisfaction once done but that's not most.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten