Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
    I’m with MLA.
    The stereo, imo is no place to skimp on the boat. As important as the engine, I’d say.

Factory installed is easy, but I find that you have more options to put together something better, for around the same money doing it in your own if you really want to do it.

It does add up quick, we’re around $17k into ours. Which doesn’t seem to really go all that far these days when it gets down to all of the components including wiring and batteries.

I say go for it after the fact, and if they have a tower prep option for it to be pre wired but bare, take that. That’s your biggest hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This got me wondering…..I added up the current SA/SL/SE JL systems…..

4 M6 8.8towers
    2 800/8 amps
    1 1000/1 amp
    2 M7 12 subs
    2 M6 8.8 in boat
    2 M6 7.7 in boat
    2 M6 6.5 in boat

MSRP’s for the above is just over $12k.

Seems like a decent deal for a factory system that sounds this good.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Larry...valid math and point but what does the standard audio option come with that you included in your list? The upgraded price only includes some of that hardware, correct?
    The remaining hardware would be standard and built into the price of the boat without an audio upgrade.

Just curious
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Larry...valid math and point but what does the standard audio option come with that you included in your list? The upgraded price only includes some of that hardware, correct?
    The remaining hardware would be standard and built into the price of the boat without an audio upgrade.

Just curious
    The standard system comes with.

Subs, in boats, 1 800/8 amp and the 1000/1 amp.

All in boats and subs have fiberglass enclosures.

You can then option 2 or 4 8.8 towers. I think
    adding

2 8.8 towers and a 400/4 amp is $2780
    4 8.8 towers and a 800/8 amp is $5050

For the record, Supra has a proprietary fxone tower speaker mount that you can’t buy aftermarket.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Just to throw this out there on the Moomba side like Larry did on the Supra and only going on the additions off my build sheet then using the pricing on Wetsounds website, I'm sure there are cheaper places but it was easy to get their pricing, and of course there are cheaper brands that sound great as well.

2 bow speakers, sub and amp $1710 SC price, Wetsounds website 6.5" speakers $250, sub $350, we'll throw $150 on for the box, amp $1400 = $2150
    Rev 10s with amp $2310 SC price, Wetsounds pricing $1849, amp $1000=$2849

Seems like SC pricing installed at least for the Wetsounds equipment with all the wiring isn't too bad of a deal saving $979 vs retail considering how many hours it would take to wire up after the fact, plus install kits for the amps and extra speaker wire if they don't prewire it.
    2021 Makai

Got it...just curious what Supra comes with already.

Ruger has the same math also.
    SC is saving you a few $ in the equipment and then labor and wiring is "free" compared to aftermarket.

The warranty is also value added that cannot be quantified unless you need to use it, then it is priceless.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

For the record, Supra has a proprietary fxone tower speaker mount that you can’t buy aftermarket.
    I think you mean, you cant buy the FxOne adapters for the consumer level JL pods from JL? This does not include FxOne adapters for other speaker brands.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I think you mean, you cant buy the FxOne adapters for the consumer level JL pods from JL? This does not include FxOne adapters for other speaker brands.
    Correct. The JL pods from Supra are FX1 specific. I think you can buy them from Supra dealer.

I added a pair of JL’s to my 18SA and used the pipe clamps, the sat same height but rearward a few inches. Looked fine.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan