Default Phase 5 Board Experiences

Does anyone know the differences in ride between the Phase 5 Swell, Phantom and Ahi? I Currently have a Diamond Turbo that I love but looking for a surf style to start learning airs. Im on a river that fluctuates water levels so I want a board with quite a bit of push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experience riding the the Swell. I read that is a different feel from the Phantom and Ahi and takes a few rides to "get it", but you will find people that love it. I recall someone talking about how thick the board was and having issues fitting into the rack. That was odd to me b/c P5 are usually thinner vs other board makers.

The Phantom gets probably the most attention and is a top seller (part might be due to Parker Payne). The Ahi I rode was 2 years old - not old, but I think P5 redesigned it in 2022. I rode a 2020 model, and that model year was also redesigned too.

The Phantom felt faster and more stable in quick turns and that is why I bought that board. Both were very fast - I'm assuming the Swell is also in this category for speed. The Phantom had the wide nose, since I'm not a pro-rider I do not have to worry doing shuvs and riding it fins-forward anytime soon.

I think any of them will give you lots of push. Board Volume/Body Weight and finding the right balance. The 57 just felt like a better fit for my riding and weight . . . . but I still ride my P5 Matrix the most.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thank you for the thoughts! I ended up purchasing a swell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk