Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Start 2022

Default Slow Start 2022

This my thread to vent and whine about an excruciatingly slow start to 2022.

Been on the water once this year so far.

Yep you read that right, one trip for one day.

April/May all my weekends were booked, when I got home from work in mid June my first week was helping grandparents move across the state, then I got one day in.

Had big plans for the 4th and Saturday morning the whole family woke up with covid. So that wasted last weekend and this upcoming weekend we are going to an out of town water park. Hoping to get on the water Thursday just to cruise around and swim but my son is still fighting a covid fever so we will see. A week from today it’s back to work and I won’t be home until mid August. So by mid August at most I will have made it out twice! In Texas!!!

Anyone else out to an drastically slower start to the year than normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I feel for you, but sometimes things find a way of working out. As long as you are enjoying time with your family, you are still doing good!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default Slow Start 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I feel for you, but sometimes things find a way of working out. As long as you are enjoying time with your family, you are still doing good!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I’m about ready to go Homer Simpson on my son lol

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I would cancel the out of town water park trip!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I get it completely.

Rain rain and more rain made the lakes in Ohio high and cold much longer than normal. Memorial day (not weekend) water was 72 but we roughed it.

Then 1 other time because of weather, 4H for the kids, yard work, family gatherings, etc.

Made it out twice this weekend July 3rd and 4th but that is 4 times. Last year it was twice a week from Memorial day until Norris before we calmed down.

Just remember have fun and enjoy....I have found forcing the issue causes problems or problems find me.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I would cancel the out of town water park trip!!!

I tried but it’s with one of my wife’s friends from college and we have a cabin rented ect ect

David

Don’t feel bad. It’s been a slow start for us as well.

Once with a buddy.
    Once demoing a new SA.
    Once with wife and daughter.

We don’t do holidays on the water so that hasn’t helped either. Hoping to go this weekend if the weather forecast will clear up.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

We have also had an excruciatingly slow start. May had a lot of cold/wet weekends. June we had a lot of weekend commitments and then we wound up with Covid. We took out the boat for the first time Saturday. The lake we generally like to visit locally (because it is closest and big) has been very low, with ramps closed last year in early July. People were launching "at your risk" for the past couple of months, but my appetite for risk is lower than others, which prevented us from making the half day visits that were usually our staple. On Saturday we went to our second choice lake but got out late and when we got there we were told all the marinas were at capacity and no more boats were allowed, so we took on our third choice, meaning we drove 2 hours before we could launch the boat. We were headed to make the risky launch at my preferred lake, but a call to neighbors who had launched there prevented us from going when they told us two other neighbors had "knocked the fins off the bottom of their boats."

We really need more water...

Fortunately, Lake Powell is in two weeks and I will have a week of uninterrupted boating!

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

The last year I had the boat I spent more time winterizing the boat than I had hours accumulated on the engine. Sad. Events can really change the useage.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I can so relate to your pain. I only got the boat in the water one time all of last year. Very similar issues for me. This year I’ve tried hard to build in boat time and have been fairly successful. My advice is don’t let it get you down too much and take advantage of the opportunities when you can get them. I have so been where you are brother. Hang in there.

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland