Default 2008 XLV bilge pump question…it’s always on

Hey guys…still fairly new to boats. To my knowledge I don’t have a float switch where my bilge turns on automatically (I could be wrong). I always hit the switch on the dash. I noticed the other day the red light was on, despite being in the off position.

So the bilge is constantly running. I ended up pulling the breaker under the dash just to shut it off. What’s the fix here, could it just be a bad switch on the dash? Does my bilge have some sort of sensor on it that needs cleaning?

Thanks in advance!
    2008 XLV Gravity Games edition

If it's an attwood unit the float is internal. Mine got debris inside did the same thing and blew the fuse. It clips off the base plate and you cam clean it and check the switch.

There should be a knob that can be turned and it triggers the switch also for testing.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Thanks. I did upgrade the ballast system to the gravity 3 from wakemakers. All kinds of debris came loose and I did my best to wash it out and drain it, but I bet I got something in there.

I've only had the boat right at a year now so I might just go ahead and replace the pump. Pretty simple project I'm assuming?

Sometimes you can 'snap' them out of the fitting that is mounted to the bottom of the boat. On my 2007 that had Attwoods, there was a dark blue clip that was screwed into the hull. The pump just snapped into that fitting.

I was able to clear mine with a hose and some pressure to clear debris away one time.
    That same pump went bad a year later. Lucky I could buy the same model and snap the new one back into the orig clip. Easy peasy fix.
    The Supras back then had 2 pumps. I think the Moomba only had 1 pump.
    2018 Supra SL400

Very simple to replace. Attwood should still make the pump and like MJH said, it will snap in the mounting bracket on the hull.

If the float isn't stuck but still running then the switch inside is shorted together and the whole pump has to be replaced.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Beas, did you resolve this? I did the upgrade and with it, installed a new bilge pump. Same problem, it's now always on. There has to be something with the wiring that causes that.
    2007 LSV

and we have resolved it!

I went to pull the pump one day and noticed it was very loose. Keep in mind this is my first boat so my knowledge is very thin... it felt like it should have been more secure than it was. I pulled it out (didn't unplug it) to see if I could ID the type in case I needed a new one. As I did I saw this little wire/mesh cradle that it looked like it should be sitting in. I put it back in the cradle and heard it sort of click into place. Everything had been good to go since then. I guess it fell out of the cradle at some point?

I didn't know there was a cradle.

thanks guys!

It was the Cradle Of Love!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub