Default Moomba 2106 MoJo won't start

Looking for input on addressing my Moomba 2016 MoJo. Won't start. When turning on I hear a light clicking followed by a hum. Was running fine before and was fully maintained over the winter at the dealer. New alternator installed last July. Changed the battery just to check and still won't start with new battery. Breaker below battery switch was tripped and we reset. Breaker next to engine was not tripped. No active alarms noted on the screen. Console, lights, blower, and stereo turn on. Everyone assumes new starter needed.

Do you agree?
    Is this a specialized starter for Moomba?
    If we replace the starter ourselves do we have to reset with the dealers computer?

I'm really trying to avoid hauling the boat to the dealer and any help would be appreciated?

KI

First check the safety switch under the throttle. Then check the breakers under the steering wheel.

You can use a jumper cable to "jump" the starter from the battery to see if the starter worker.
    The starter is similar to a car but needs to be marine so it doesn't throw sparks. Bake's has them along with others. Never heard about going to the dealer....this isn't a Mercedes or BMW....LOL.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Has the starter ever been underwater? Once they have been underwater they are on there way out.Have someone hold the key in the start position and tap the starter with a hammer.If the starter engages and cranks the motor its time for a new starter.
    jy

Quote Originally Posted by james yarosz View Post
    Has the starter ever been underwater? Once they have been underwater they are on there way out.Have someone hold the key in the start position and tap the starter with a hammer.If the starter engages and cranks the motor its time for a new starter.
    I used to often start my old 1978 Firebird the way James describes here for several weeks back in my early college days until I finally scratched up enough money to buy a new one. And back then it only cost about 50 bucks! But hey a college boy had to have beer too. It was a pretty heavy decision. LOL! Unfortunately it always took 2 people to crank it. But that is a very good possibility of what your trouble may be.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks to all. Got a new started installed and she's running well!