Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Just spoke with the diver and he said it’s usually $80 per dive. Not bad considering.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

A carabiner is so convenient and that sucks it failed.

(I am secretly changing mine to a locking unit as I type this)

My boat hook is a Danik hook which I highly recommend. Not sure what you guys do for extra anchor rope but a cheap $10 cord reel works great.

20220422_165523.jpg
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The day wasn’t a total loss though. Kiddo was with the in-laws so wife and I had some time to ourselves. After losing the anchor and floating for a while we went cruising the sloughs to areas we haven’t explored yet on Lake Martin. Got a few short surf sessions in but just wasn’t the same without our co-pilot daughter who is spotter and camera girl lol..

Still trying to warm up to skim type boards. I have noticed the Matrix likes to point outward away from the wave at times. Not sure if it’s my hips or I need to not use the same position as riding surf style or what. Drives me crazy how it points sometimes but I’m sure it’s me just needing to get used to skim style. I also need to create a different wave setup for skim. At least the water looks refreshing here!

Didn’t have time to hit up the ice cream boat on the way back to the ramp. Maybe next time!

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    So the creek is plenty wide enough unless there are docks on both sides.
    There are docks. And whether they are a legal distance or not, it's more a matter of creating a huge wave against those docks when there is absolutely no need to. Plenty of other places to surf.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by 2in2out View Post
    A couple of weeks ago it was tears and 20’something angst when my niece left her phone one one of the flip-up seats on the port swim locker. I was getting the tube ready (which puts me in a bad mood) and without regard opened the locker to get the tube… and kerplunk!!! Another iPhone 13plus and workplace key cards in Davey Jones’ locker. The drama that ensued with that big life lesson.

I’d be more upset at losing my box anchor. Best anchor I’ve ever used.

2022 SA 450
    Lol. I can so relate to all of this. In particular I find the tube extremely frustrating as well. Big wet mess to deal with. I try to leave it home every time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

New wave w 570 wakemakers center locker bag in rear ski locker and nothing Else. Surf mode is killer for the Outback. I’m actually under total payload of 1450 for the boat. Crazy.

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Only bag I run now. Nothing on the floor of the boat.

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

I’m actually running it all the way down on the gray now but in same position on the side. For outback’s can’t run it any higher or water comes over the freeboard.

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

I downloaded and inclometer app and doing a poor mans version of pitch and roll. With that set up getting about 9 degrees of pitch and shifting passengers to get 5 degrees of roll for both reg and goofy. Surf mode puts the boat in a 5 degree yaw as well. I’m not seeing a big gain in fuel savings which surprises me given that I’ve dropped ballast weight almost 1200 pounds.

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Beat part of this new setup is can switch immediately to wake boarding w no change in ballast. Gravity 1 system put 400 pound bag on the floor in the back under the seat as an option. Running 570 in rear ski locker seems a little better. No bags in the boat totally feels like I’m cheating the system here. So much better

Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland