Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas cans

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I have a rattle siphon and would use it if my boat was in water and gas can was on the dock. Obviously the can needs to be higher than the gas tank.

I am filling with cans with boat on trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You still have to get the VP can above the gas fill to dump in. Not really any different.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I have a rattle siphon and would use it if my boat was in water and gas can was on the dock. Obviously the can needs to be higher than the gas tank.

I am filling with cans with boat on trailer.

Siphon works uphill. But honestly even though the turbo siphon was great, I prefer just using the hose on the vp jug. Any siphon solution will leave fuel in the jug. And it's just as fast or faster to pour the VP jug. So I'm with you there.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Siphon works uphill. But honestly even though the turbo siphon was great, I prefer just using the hose on the vp jug. Any siphon solution will leave fuel in the jug. And it's just as fast or faster to pour the VP jug. So I'm with you there.

I guess it is whatever people feel is easiest and works for their situation. Lots of solutions out there.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Default Gas cans

The rattlers are awesome for siphoning gas from vehicle/motor sports tanks.

Newer cars/trucks have the stupid check balls in them and you can no longer siphon them.

And you obviously can’t siphon the Supra/moomba tanks.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

The rattlers are awesome for siphoning gas from vehicle/motor sports tanks.

Newer cars/trucks have the stupid check balls in them and you can no longer siphon them.

And you obviously can’t siphon the Supra/moomba tanks.

I use them from the can into the boat. Use a towel, set can on towel on boat, siphon into boat, easy day.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I guess it is whatever people feel is easiest and works for their situation. Lots of solutions out there.
    For sure. I should time my turbo siphon vs the hose on the VP jug... I'll be camping In a week so I could give it a try...

Or I guess I could fill an empty VP jug from a full one both ways... I have a couple I just filled last night and a couple empties...

Just for curiosity sake anyway. It's not gonna be more than 30 seconds over any of the solutions I'm sure.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So interesting story. Our friends have a lake house, and it's a $500 fine if they catch you fueling your boat while it's in the water.

Obviously idiots with no skill spilling fuel in the lake ruined it for everyone else.

Allegedly, the best method for a midnight stealth fuel is a couple of VP jugs with the hose on one or both the lids... (Easy to unscrew caps and swap hose to new jug that way). Fastest and still pretty quiet with no extra equipment to mess with in the dark.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson, you are totally right, any of these methods will drain 5 gallons in 30 seconds to a minute or so, pretty fast considering.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Trayson, you are totally right, any of these methods will drain 5 gallons in 30 seconds to a minute or so, pretty fast considering.
    Yeah, and to the OP's real point, having an alternative to VP jugs at a better price is good. It just doesn't make sense for me since I'm already all in on a bunch of VPs and the fact that VPs are literally the perfect height for my truck tonneau.

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Yeah, and to the OP's real point, having an alternative to VP jugs at a better price is good. It just doesn't make sense for me since I'm already all in on a bunch of VPs and the fact that VPs are literally the perfect height for my truck tonneau.

This something I didn’t measure before purchasing.

The RK cans fit under tonneau cover with the hose folded in half, I probably will just remove hose and put cap plug in for transport.

The only reason I shopped RK was my buddy bitched about his VP can vents leaking, but I think he is inverting his can vertical versus using a pouring motion, I am sure the VP’s are perfectly fine.

But for $22 with the hose is a pretty good deal

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan