Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gas cans

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Have you ever tried the turbo siphon? It's was literally purpose built for this task and intended as an improvement over the shaker...

Turbo Siphon https://a.co/d/7kXXOKO

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    I just bought one of these before we left for Lake Powell last week and it was awesome! Best $30 i've spent in a long time. I highly recommend it.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I just went online and found the parts I used to post some pictures. I know I only paid 30 bucks for the rubber gas line and handle, but that was about 4 years ago. I did buy 10' long hose, but ended up cutting it in half down to 5'. The plastic chemical resistant fittings I bought at tractor supply. I tried taking a picture down in the barrel where I mounted the bulkhead fitting. This particular barrel had a flat spot down there with a raised ridge inside it that happened to allow me to drill my hole so that one of the flat spots on the bulkhead fitting nut butted up against it. That held the nut in place allowing me to tighten it from just the outside. Threaded the elbow into that and then claimed the gas hose to it. Super simple. If you're fill cap on the boat sits lower than the barrel, gravity feed is all you need. Notice I did make a small wooden platform for the barrel to sit on so the elbow fitting would clear the ground. I just screwed it to the plate on the metal dolly. The barrel is held on the dolly with a ratchet strap.
    If you need to add some pressure to pump uphill, then drill a small hole in one of the bung caps and pop an air valve in the hole. You can get the air valves in packs of 2 or 3 at Walmart for a couple of bucks. The gas will eventually take its toll on those, so plan to replace at least once a year or so when they get soft and leak air.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the details! What are you using to siphon from the truck jug to the portable jug?
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by cozilla View Post
    Thanks for the details! What are you using to siphon from the truck jug to the portable jug?
    It works way too easy. And is cheap. When I bought mine here 4 years ago it was $4.50. I bought 2 and still have both that work.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Sweet thanks!
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

That turbo siphon looks easy and quick too. I have actually done that same thing many times by putting a small tube down by the larger hose and sealing the opening with my hand,then blowing to create the pressure for the siphon to start flowing. I guess someone finally got wise and made a little seal to do both. Probably making a fortune on it!

2021 Moomba Makai

That big barrel is a nice set up and cheap. Already have the flo fast stuff otherwise I'd maybe check into building.

Fwiw here's my set up. Back the cart up to the dock. Put the containers on the dolly, wheel em down, fill.

20220708_164316.jpg

20220708_163149.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    That big barrel is a nice set up and cheap. Already have the flo fast stuff otherwise I'd maybe check into building.

Fwiw here's my set up. Back the cart up to the dock. Put the containers on the dolly, wheel em down, fill.

20220708_164316.jpg

20220708_163149.jpg
    Oh yeah! That works great too. Those are some big jugs. As long as it's easy and quick, it's a good setup. I did what I have just because I had easy access to plenty of the 30 gal barrels. Might as well make use of them. I have seen someone use a 40 gallon yard sprayer as the storage tank too.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Oh yeah! That works great too. Those are some big jugs. As long as it's easy and quick, it's a good setup. I did what I have just because I had easy access to plenty of the 30 gal barrels. Might as well make use of them. I have seen someone use a 40 gallon yard sprayer as the storage tank too.

And we typically go through 5 jugs of those every weekend.

I'm envious of my brothers set up. He has a massive fuel caddy (200gal?) On trailer with electric pump and a 50 ft reel hose. Pulls it on the Polaris ranger up to the dock. Bam. Has the gas delivered via truck service. Bought it at my dad's farm auction.

But he's a long ways from a gas station so it's kind of of necessity too.