Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    soo true.. I have said the same thing for years and all I get is bashed. WS hlcd drivers sound like $hit at close range and that's where most are at in a boating environment. the wakeboarder is the only one getting a decent sound with rev10's. I'd even argue they suck for surfers. MLA was pushing the kicker units to me a few years ago and after hearing them locally, they are 100x better than any WS pairings if your desire is hlcd's.

heard the rev12's were coming for a year or so and interesting to see they made it. with all the push to surfing anymore and that every lake in the country is after boating for wakes/loud stereos, I can't believe that WS didn't release a 12 with a regular dome tweet. that would get plenty loud enough for surfers but not be "that guy" at the party cove/around the lake.
    Hear! Hear!
    (Or maybe you can't because of your Rev's )

Depends on how they did the horn they may be just fine up close. The KMTC11 is perfectly fine even at close range.
    I hope WS took note and toned down the horn a bit for the new 12's. From the reviews I've seen I think they may have (but haven't heard them)
    kmtc.jpg
    Last edited by SONIC; 06-30-2022 at 02:10 PM.
    2020 Supra SA

I have not heard the new 12HD yet, hope to have mine next week. I plan to leave my rev-10 up and then mock up the 12's on the bench and do an A/B before I pull the 10's down.

The larger driver and larger pod alone would have improved the mid- to high balance, but they took further. This is not just a 2" larger Rev-10. Its all brand new inside and out.

While some do find the Rev-8/10 still on the harsh side, the Rev series was a huge leap in sound quality from the original Pro series.

The new Wetsounds REV 12 HD tower speakers!
    https://youtu.be/lurv0ZPO75k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Excellent review, holy loud at 450feet

That is one think I like about the JL’s they drop off around 100 feet which is perfect

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Great review…. Anything new to add after a summer with them? Sticking with the same amp? Upgrading existing Makai Sub to fill in the cabin? Does the additional size continue to be a non factor?
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Dukabor View Post
    Great review…. Anything new to add after a summer with them? Sticking with the same amp? Upgrading existing Makai Sub to fill in the cabin? Does the additional size continue to be a non factor?
    I’m fine with them as is really. Certainly would like to upgrade but don’t feel the benefit outweighs the cost.

I would love to upgrade the sub eventually. Maybe add an AS-10 or even an AS-6.

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Thanks a bunch for the reply…. My head is telling me to upgrade the Sub first and see how that fills it out, but there are no way my Rev8’s will probably keep up after that lol
    2022 Makai
    Fire Red - Pecan ChillTech - Woodgrain Gatorstep
    400 - 1.76 - 15.5x15 prop (16x13 Acme 3409 installed for testing)
    Ballast Mods: 1000lb of lead and WM Bags

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    The new Wetsounds REV 12 HD tower speakers!
    https://youtu.be/lurv0ZPO75k

Great video. I like the side/side of 10s vs 12s.
    2018 Supra SL400