Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Rev 12 HD tower speakers

I’m amazed at how Wetsounds continues to push the envelope in marine audio. These new 12” tower speakers fill in that mid bass the Rev 10s just don’t generate. Heck, I’ve heard boats that produce less bass with an actual sub than these can easily pound out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold

Sweet....let us know how they sound. My Rev8's have zero low end. Would be nice to not have the sub up so loud while towing.

We always turn the cabins down so we can talk while the rider is enjoying the towers.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Interested how they sound compared to the 410.
    Buddy of mine is picking up 2 pair to swap his rev10s. Can’t wait to hear.

I've been saying for years that rev10's suck terribly for bass/anytijng but shouty vocals and everyone gets all defensive and claims they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    I'm laughing watching all the wetsounds fanboys say it aloud now that there's a decent option from wetsounds. (not saying you are one Brent, just in general)
    Havent heard the Rev12's yet but I imagine they are much better.

I've got a set of KMTC11 kicker's waiting to be installed but life has gotten in the way.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I've been saying for years that rev10's suck terribly for bass/anytijng but shouty vocals and everyone gets all defensive and claims they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    I'm laughing watching all the wetsounds fanboys say it aloud now that there's a decent option from wetsounds. (not saying you are one Brent, just in general)

I've got a set of KMTC11 kicker's waiting to be installed but life has gotten in the way.
    Further you get away from them the better they sound. But on the swim platform or surf distance, they are brutal.
    I’ve had rev10 twice. I’m very, very happy with the pair of 410s I have now. Wish I would have not made the rev10 mistake twice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post

I agree about the Rev 10s. For surfing, I hated them. They came on the the new boat so I was gonna just live with them. Then, these 12s were released. Buddy owns a shop and has 2 pair on his Tige wired to two syn 4s. Gave me the seal of approval for these being worth the $2,600 spend. Had a buyer for the 10s for $1,600 (including clamps) so that helped.

‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC5Z View Post
    I agree about the Rev 10s. For surfing, I hated them. They came on the the new boat so I was gonna just live with them. Then, these 12s were released. Buddy owns a shop and has 2 pair on his Tige wired to two syn 4s. Gave me the seal of approval for these being worth the $2,600 spend. Had a buyer for the 10s for $1,600 (including clamps) so that helped.

Yep I anticipate a lot of rev 10's up on the used market here shortly.

I find the 10's fine for the surfer but they will make the whole boats ears bleed if they are loud enough for the surfer to enjoy.
    2020 Supra SA

Default New Rev 12 HD tower speakers

I am confident these rock, but 12” speakers from a tower? Seems like a head bumper.

Already hit my head on 8.8”s

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

If the rev8 didn't come installed from the previous owner, I wouldn't have them.

There are other options that have a better sound curve so they aren't so brutal up close.
    I run my 8's underpowered and the factory 6.5 roswell swivels up higher just to balance the sound.

Anyone know the going rate for 3yr old rev8's?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow