Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    This is what they are doing in Northern WI to eliminate wake surfing…coming to a lake near you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is ridiculous. A few bad apples spoil it for the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

LOL we have storms on the regular that kick up waves greater than 2’.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Enforcement of the 2' wave would be difficult to do. I do see it as a means to stop boats and give them a "warning" with arguments to follow.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Wakeboat Study / Legislation

I can’t tell you the last time I saw a cop on a lake near me in Michigan

Spent a week on Norris last summer and didn’t see one lake cop.

Who is enforcing these “rules”?

The alcohol limit to 3 drinks per passenger is sketchy, I guess as long as you don’t get caught early In the day.

How would they handle mixed drinks?

Honestly I can’t drink more than 4 beers without feeling full anymore and being passed out drunk on a boat is probably never a great idea.

I blame rap music too lol, my kid throws the F bombing and P lyrics rap on and I too hit the next button.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-03-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Wakeboat Study / Legislation

I recall this from a couple years ago, I think this was a Michigan campaign……

The Wake Responsibly campaign stresses three key points that address, in part, complaints about water sports, especially wakesurfing:

1)Stay at least 150 feet away from docks, structures, and shorelines. (“Ride the core, avoid the shore.”)

2)Keep music on board at reasonable levels. We boaters know that sounds carries over water, so if it’s loud enough for the surfer to hear, homeowners can likely hear it, too.

3)Minimize repetitive passes, and once you’ve run a shoreline, move to another area.

Also some other suggested etiquette tips……

1)Drive a predicted path. In Arizona waters, for example, boats must travel in a counterclockwise traffic flow.

2)Avoid close passes to other boats, and don't follow another boat too closely.

3)Don't impede traffic. Wakesurfers usually travel at 10 to 12 mph, slower than most powercraft; avoid wakesurfing in fairways and busy areas.

4)Look before you turn.

5) Refrain from tricks when near other boats.

6)Early morning times usually have less traffic and are more conducive to wakesurfing.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-03-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Just plain common sense and courtesy! You would think it's an easy concept.....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Just plain common sense and courtesy! You would think it's an easy concept.....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    been sayin this for years. courtesy is long gone in me me me of today. it's even worse when driving...
    bet ya all didn't know turn signals are an option on most cars today. why would anyone want to be courteous and let others know your intention to turn. it's much funner to fly by you, cut you off then make a right turn forcing you to slow down for them when there's not a single car behind you..

lack of better words... people today are by inlarge a$$holes.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

It's crucial for research to be conducted objectively and encompass a broader scope. As an avid wakeboarder myself, I believe it's essential to promote fair analysis that considers all types of boats, not just wake boats. We need scientists who prioritize accuracy and transparency. On another note, have any of you heard of Colleges with Rolling Admission? It's an amazing platform that helped me find the ideal college with a flexible application process. Highly recommended!