Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go home setting

Default Go home setting

I have read the go home setting will empty ballast and auto level the boat. I had a thought to try the go home setting when just riding with people to simply level the boat without having to move people around and I tried to use it this weekend without success.

Can someone comment on how to use it? I tried turning autowake on and going to the setting in the screen. What I found is once the countdown finishes it takes the boat to the zero off speed. So I adjusted the speed to 40+ mph which we all know the boat won’t run thinking through would solve the problem which it didn’t, the boat listed to the side where people were sitting.

Is there a trick? It would be nice to have control of the tabs to level the boat.

Thanks in advance and am eager if anyone has a trick to get it to just keep the boat from listing while just riding.

What boat are you running? Do you know what software version you are running?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Go home doesn't work above 25 mph if I remember correctly, it pulls the surf plates up after that. Under 25 it will deploy one of the plates needed to level out up to 40%. Autowake needs to be on but zero off can be on or off doesn't matter on that. I don't recall it adjusting the ballast at all.
    2021 Makai

I use Go Home to do exactly what you are describing. I have a 2021 Makai. I just set my zero off to cruise at whatever speed I want, which is 20 for us, and it works for me. I generally always have to manually put my center plate back down to 100, which is where I usually keep it when we just ride. I have also kept the boat level, by level I mean listing left or right, by adding ballast to one of my rear bags as we cruise. You can do this while you are cruising. As soon as the boat starts riding level I just flip it off. I generally only have to fill to about 15-35 percent or so. That works really well too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

So the setting for this is "Go Home Leveling" depending on which software version you are on you might not have it. I know when I had the original software on my boat all I had was "Go Home". I think it was the 2021 software update I did that had "Go Home Leveling" in it. As others have stated it will dump all ballast and use your flow plates to level the boat side to side as you cruise.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    So the setting for this is "Go Home Leveling" depending on which software version you are on you might not have it. I know when I had the original software on my boat all I had was "Go Home". I think it was the 2021 software update I did that had "Go Home Leveling" in it. As others have stated it will dump all ballast and use your flow plates to level the boat side to side as you cruise.
    I think you are right that it says go home leveling. I will check my screen again next time I am in it. But honestly, just using the rear left or right ballast works very well. It doesn't take long at all to compensate for the weight of one or two people on one side of the boat. Especially with the g6 pumps if you have them. And they will fill the bags when you are cruising too.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I use AutoLeveling quite a lot. It uses the tabs to get the boat closer to zero degree roll at a speed set point of 25mph. It will work up to 35 mph though before the tabs retract. Your inclinometer needs to be accurate like everything AutoWake. It works pretty well, especially on smooth water…. in the chop if it’s having to deploy a tab quite a lot to level it does seem to kind of “catch” the waves so you need to run at lower speeds for a smoother and level ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I think you are right that it says go home leveling. I will check my screen again next time I am in it. But honestly, just using the rear left or right ballast works very well. It doesn't take long at all to compensate for the weight of one or two people on one side of the boat. Especially with the g6 pumps if you have them. And they will fill the bags when you are cruising too.

I used the ballast method on my 2013. Thought it made sense to take advantage of these fancy features and tech on the new boat. I do often wonder which is worse fuel wise… tab down or more ballast weight. The other advantage is that the tabs are dynamic… so if people decide they need to move to the other side of the boat to get to a cooler or something… you don’t have to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

For those that don't have the "Go Home Leveling" as a preset, I believe you can just set your autowake amplitude to 0 which I believe is also a preset option and it will use ballast to do the same thing.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    What boat are you running? Do you know what software version you are running?
    I have 2019 Makai. I don’t “think” I have the latest software version.

Autowake on - seems like it turns on zero off. I didn’t have any luck and didn’t spend too much time on it, just dealt with the listing it as usual. I had 13 people on the boat and no one sat in the same place all day so it was just a quick experiment.

If there’s a sequence on what to activate, I’m all ears.