Hybrid View

Default Wet Sounds ICON 8 vs REV 8

I have a 2008 LSV that I bought used (6 years ago) that has Wet Sounds Pro 80's on it that I'd like to replace. I've read some of the threads regarding Icon's vs. Rev's and I'm leaning toward the Icon's because we surf 99% of the time (the Icon is supposedly more of a wakesurf speaker) and the sound in the boat is supposedly better/cleaner. Has anyone purchased the Icon's and wish they'd bought Rev's or vice-versa? I'm only looking for an 8" speaker.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 2937 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Swell shaper

Cannot speak for the Icons but I have Rev8s on my Mojo. They are loud and carry for a long distance. Amp tuning is real important because they are a mid-bass to high speaker and don't produce any low level sound.

We use the tower speaker more than anything else so we can still talk while the rider is jamming.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

can't speak to rev8's but have had 2 boats with 4 icon8's and 1 with 4 rev10's. I HATED the rev speakers. always have and always will. they are too "bright" for my taste as are most HLCD's. I loved the more balanced and musical sound from the icon's especially when driven with a bit of power.
    I was never in a contest to be the loudest on the lake and I haven't owned a wakeboard in 6 years, only surfing. for that, you will not be disappointed in the icon's. if you want to board or be "that guy" at the party cove, go with rev's.

along with hold, we always faded out the cabin speakers and used primarily the icon's and the sub while moving. can actually carry on a conversation in the boat and still hear the tunes.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    can't speak to rev8's but have had 2 boats with 4 icon8's and 1 with 4 rev10's. I HATED the rev speakers. always have and always will. they are too "bright" for my taste as are most HLCD's. I loved the more balanced and musical sound from the icon's especially when driven with a bit of power.
    I was never in a contest to be the loudest on the lake and I haven't owned a wakeboard in 6 years, only surfing. for that, you will not be disappointed in the icon's. if you want to board or be "that guy" at the party cove, go with rev's.

along with hold, we always faded out the cabin speakers and used primarily the icon's and the sub while moving. can actually carry on a conversation in the boat and still hear the tunes.
    I’m with you. I had 4 rev10 on my old boat.
    Hated them. Our boat now has 2 rev410. Absolutely love them.
    We do the same, in boat speakers down, tower and sub while surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your thoughts!
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100's each rear
    570 ski locker
    750 IBS
    Plus bags 625 and lead 650
    Reversible pumps-3
    ACME 2937 prop
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    Swell shaper