Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Going to try to tackle this this weekend. I'll take some pics and notes, but it will be a total hacky DIY job

My gatorstep pad should be replaced anyway, but I don't think I have it in me right now to tackle that project - especially if I eventually go for the newer/updated transom brackets anyway.

Right now, I have to have the tube inflated so that the kids can climb up on that and then get into the boat. I hate the tube, even though they love it. Gotta get this fixed!

Thanks for all the suggestions and keep them coming if anyone has more!
    2013 Mobius LSV

Default Project UPDATE

UPDATE: filled in holes with JB-Weld and started to remount the brackets to the underside of the board. Upon closer inspection, the original location of the brackets seem to be waaaaay off centered - completely skewed to the one side. See attached photo.

Now, to remount the brackets, should I recenter it? or is there some reason that it was skewed so much? There were no other filled in old holes that I saw, so could it have come from the factory like that? I'm looking at the sale photos from the dealer and it doesn't look skewed on the back of the boat - could the brackets on the transom be not centered, requiring the offset on the platform?

I really appreciate the this great community -- tons of knowledge and friendly help!
    Last edited by bspong; 06-29-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Sorry new to this thread but not new to fiberglass work or panel alignment.

Are you just re-attaching to all original hardware? Did you fill the old holes in the platform? Was the hull mounts all tight and undamaged?

If just re-attaching, see if you can prop up the platform on the mounts and center the platform with the hull not the brackets. If the brackets are installed on the hull skewed left or right then this a different problem you are not prepared to handle at this time.

Use saw horses, or anything to hold the platform so you can measure and adjust for center. Check wakeplate and other accessories for clearance. These could cause the reason for skewing to one side. After everything checks out, tape the bottom side of the platform to have a fresh surface and mark the holes and mounting brackets. Remove and drill marks for new screws. Transfer bracket outline to platform and remove tape and apply 5200 adhesive.

Replace platform is exact location you marked and insert screws. Do not tighten 1 at a time. Snug each one switching from left to right bracket so they pull evenly. Then final tighten. Wait 24hrs for 5200 to cure drink beer and clean up the mess and enjoy your summer
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

if the platform lines up correctly on the boat then put the brackets back on exactly where they were.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

our brackets on the '06 were not equidistant on each side to the platform and were off by 1/2" on the bracket mounting "sleeves" on the back of the boat if you took a tape to each hull bracket to the outside of the boat. back in the day, skiers choice, and all boats for that matter, didn't have the best fit/finish out there. we had a lot of crooked pieces around the boat if you really started picking it apart. doesn't matter as long as you get rid of the "slop" and secure it solidly. we used stainless sheetmetal to create wedges to help fix the slop.

if it were me, install brackets on the boat, set platform on the boat where you want it. mark holes, remove all and install. if you slide the platform brackets into the hull brackets, iirc they are able to swing from side to side a few inches so there's quite a bit of play in them.

sure you did this already but if those are the original brackets, check for cracks or issues. those pot metal brackets on the platform are crap and I would bet getting replacements today would be even more difficult than I had back in '09. there were a couple different sizes back in the day and most dealers were clueless to this.
    watch the pins as well. the other issue with them and the slop is that it'll wear out the holes at the bottom of the platform brackets where the pins go through to secure and they eventually bust out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten